Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OR-Fab vs. ACE Engineering Rock Rails

Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OR-Fab vs. ACE Engineering Rock Rails

After reading through the forums, I have narrowed down my selection to between OR-Fab and ACE Engineering rock rails.

I need side protection; the sides are just too vulnerable with the kiddos in the back seats. I just have the Sahara steps now. I also need a wide, usable step to help the wife and kids get in the Jeep.

The price is the same, after I add a set of take-off Rubi rails to add to the ACE rails. So, it's gonna be between the two.

I like the Rubi/ACE combo looks a little better. I just want the best value and I need opinions.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are both great product but IMO I don't like the stacked look that Ace does by keeping the Rubi rails
Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Don't know much about the OR-Fab sliders, but the ACE ones are great. No complaints here... For the price, I'd recomment them. If I had a little higher of a budget, sure - there'd be other options I might have taken, but that doesn't take away from the product itself - they are very well made and will last a very long time.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Ace rails and love them, they are beefy! I've slammed them on rocks with no harm, fit and finish are good as well. The wife and kids love them as steps, I added some grip tape for more traction. While I can't speak for the OR-Fab rails, I have their tire carrier and it's top notch. I think you will be happy with either one.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Personally, I prefer 2 layers of protection. I run rubi rails with ace sliders. I've shredded those things on boulders trees and democrats, and they've done a fantastic job.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the ACE sliders and the kids and I love them. I got them mainly for the kids to be able to get in and out without trouble and for the occasional rock rub. I also don't know anything about the Or-Fab, but I'm sure they would do fine.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

I run ORFAB and Rubi rails are not needed. I've banged them and kacked the side of my Jeep up by them and they are solid as hell. That said, ACE are fantastic too and a few of my buddy's run them. Either is a great choice, but if you have Rubi rails, get ACE.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

ACE FTW!

The ACE sliders definitely offer a generous step that is at a good height for little ones. My daughter was 8 when I replaced my Sahara side steps with ACE sliders. Her first comment was that the ACE sliders were easier to step on than the Sahara steps.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OR-Fab! Step and one of the only ones with FULL wrap under rocker panel and pinch seam protection. Ace don't even compare to these.

Pinch Seam

Front Under

Rear Under
Old 04-09-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nwapache
I've shredded those things on boulders trees and democrats, and they've done a fantastic job.
Rofl rofl rofl

Quick Reply: OR-Fab vs. ACE Engineering Rock Rails