Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FabFours Bumper ....OUCH!!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkingjk
The sawzall job is trarting to look better all the time
Agreed.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dkingjk
The sawzall job is trarting to look better all the time
Amen to that!

I am having a hard time getting the green light for new tires.

$1200 for a BUMPER?

I hope they clean the crack pipe out for the next user when they are through
Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to believe over the next 90 days there will be a bunch of stuff released for the JK's therefore providing us with many more options. I say other then a a lift and wheels/tires hold off for bit.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was dreaming of putting one on mine but for the rpice, I think I will look further. The M.O.R.E. one is similar but without about 10'' wide, I hope that the steel is so costly that they can sell it less than 800$ for a narrower one.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

This has been my favorite bumper so far. I have to agree that $1200 is pretty pricey but unless I see something I like better I'm probably going to blow the wad on this one. Could always save the $120 and 60 lbs and go for the one without the tubing!

I like their rear tire carrier bumper as well. Little nervous about the price now though which I haven't seen yet.

I'll probably hold out till April/May and see if anything else interesting comes out.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 AM
JK Jedi Master

Wow..... I'll take one if its free.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

One giant problem with any of these bumpers is material costs. My company makes the tube section on the fabfours bumper, and trust me their profit margins are not going to be that high. Also, you have to factor in their R&D money to build it. Material costs are outrageous rigth now.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by woolf
One giant problem with any of these bumpers is material costs. My company makes the tube section on the fabfours bumper, and trust me their profit margins are not going to be that high. Also, you have to factor in their R&D money to build it. Material costs are outrageous rigth now.
LOL!! You can explain the pricing anyway you want but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still very EXPENSIVE and that most of us aren't made of cash. Hell, even if I were, I don't know if I'd spend that much on a bumper. But hey, that's just me
Old 01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! You can explain the pricing anyway you want but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still very EXPENSIVE and that most of us aren't made of cash. Hell, even if I were, I don't know if I'd spend that much on a bumper. But hey, that's just me
The price does deter me from buying one. However, that is not my cup of tea. I would rather spend the money on something that was a little more my taste. With that said, I am not necessarily their target market. There are a lot of guys who dig these bumpers, and are willing to fork over some serious cash to get them. And, judging by the number of these bumpers at SEMA this last year, I would suspect that they are going to sell the crap out of them. Another important fact is that the bumper has not gone into production yet. I am not sure where quadratec got their pricing, but I would not be suprised to see them go for a little less. Fact of the matter is if you want something that is high quality, it is not neccesarily going to be cheap. JMO
Old 01-12-2007, 05:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There are a lot of guys who dig these bumpers, and are willing to fork over some serious cash to get them.
Maybe you're right, I just don't know any of them

Originally Posted by woolf
And, judging by the number of these bumpers at SEMA this last year, I would suspect that they are going to sell the crap out of them.
Sorry, but just because they had a lot of bumpers at SEMA only means they gave (as in for FREE) them to a lot of manufacturers to wear on their Jeeps. How that translates to "selling the crap out of them" is beyond me.

Another important fact is that the bumper has not gone into production yet. I am not sure where quadratec got their pricing, but I would not be suprised to see them go for a little less. Fact of the matter is if you want something that is high quality, it is not neccesarily going to be cheap. JMO
Sorry again but, the fact of the matter is that most of the aftermarket bumpers I saw at SEMA were VERY high quality in materials and construction. As far as looks goes, well now that's completely subjective isn't it.

Hell, if people want to spend their money on this bumper, you won't see me stopping them. After all, it's their money and this is still America.

Quick Reply: FabFours Bumper ....OUCH!!