Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed Emissions Inspection - Need New Catalytic Converter.....

Old 10-03-2015, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck and enjoy
Run away from those shops and never look back, honest shops are hard to find this days, but there are out there, hope you find somebody you can trust.

Last edited by rsmwrangler; 10-03-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of curiosity, if you do not live in a state that does emissions testing, other than the codes showing up. What issues will come from not having the CAT's installed?
Old 10-04-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone else will be able to provide more info, but seems like it takes harmful emissions and converts them into vapor or less than harmful gases
Old 10-04-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeMsSon
Just out of curiosity, if you do not live in a state that does emissions testing, other than the codes showing up. What issues will come from not having the CAT's installed?
You mean removing the cats ?
If so, asides from having a louder exhaust, you'll have a strong gas smell at all times, and if you don't want to see the DTC light everytime the engine is running, you'll need tuning to disable the DTC codes/cat test procedures in the pcm calibration.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the answer rsm.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-07-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

it can take up to 100 miles for your O2 sensors to get to the ready status. So, just because you light is not on and your codes not reflecting anything, doesn't mean you are out of the woodwork. Give it a week and then you will know if you are good to go.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loserhead4236
After replacing the downstream o2 sensor and pulling the battery, check engine light is off. I just remembered my superchips can show/clear codes.

Ran the scanner and p0430 is not showing up! Pretty sure the $25 02 sensor solved my check engine light after 3 shops told me to replace the cat (1 shop told me to try the 02 sensors first)

Thanks a lot for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. Now to head back to the inspection station......
@loserhead4236 Did the replacement of the lower downstrem o2 sensors solve your issue? Did the P0430 code appear again?

Quick Reply: Failed Emissions Inspection - Need New Catalytic Converter.....