Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Falken wild peak AT

Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falken wild peak AT

ok so I was pretty desperate for tires and with the incredible shrinking budget issue > I tracked down some falken's and they are cheap compared to bfg's I am going with 285-70-17s for 185 They are not the most aggressive tire but for now they will do and since the jeep is un-driveable over 45 mph I have to go with it. 2 questions anybody have any experience with these tires or running them on a stock rubi? I have a big winch bumper and some sag So if they rub I will either go to a budget boost, or wheel spacer or ome 2 inch heavy duty spring lift. does it matter? any body dealing with these issues? what did you guys do.?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

im in the same boat as you are ive been looking at these for a little bit i dont think they will look bad on a rubi.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Falken wild peak AT

I dig these interested to hear how the do at Jk experience or even the test run going on now
Old 07-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
ok so I was pretty desperate for tires and with the incredible shrinking budget issue > I tracked down some falken's and they are cheap compared to bfg's I am going with 285-70-17s for 185 They are not the most aggressive tire but for now they will do and since the jeep is un-driveable over 45 mph I have to go with it. 2 questions anybody have any experience with these tires or running them on a stock rubi? I have a big winch bumper and some sag So if they rub I will either go to a budget boost, or wheel spacer or ome 2 inch heavy duty spring lift. does it matter? any body dealing with these issues? what did you guys do.?
rj'sjeep,
Thanks for checking them out!

We believe they are the best tire out there for the money, right now! The sidewalls are strong, they ride great on the road, and they are aggressive enough to stand up to almost any off road situation. They are obviously an A/T so the only real terrain that would be excessively challenging for the Wildpeaks would be mud.

We believe in the tire so much we put a 30 Day Ride Guarantee on them!! If you are not 100% satisfied bring them back to wherever you purchased them (within 30 days) and they will give you your money back! They also carry a 50,000 Mile Treadwear warranty. It is hard to find another A/T tire offering this kind of warranty.

If you pick up the September issue of Off Road magazine (on stands now) they just did a review on the Wildpeak A/T (page 74 & 75).

Let us know if you try them out! We would be interested in your feedback.

If you want to check out some pictures of the tire on our Rubicon CLICK HERE

Nick,
I hope you get to see them up close and personal on the JK Experience! Stay tuned... the next round of selected participants should be contacted and announced soon!

Last edited by Falken Tire; 07-21-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: link
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Falken Tire
rj'sjeep,
Thanks for checking them out!

We believe they are the best tire out there for the money, right now! The sidewalls are strong, they ride great on the road, and they are aggressive enough to stand up to almost any off road situation. They are obviously an A/T so the only real terrain that would be excessively challenging for the Wildpeaks would be mud.

We believe in the tire so much we put a 30 Day Ride Guarantee on them!! If you are not 100% satisfied bring them back to wherever you purchased them (within 30 days) and they will give you your money back! They also carry a 50,000 Mile Treadwear warranty. It is hard to find another A/T tire offering this kind of warranty.

If you pick up the September issue of Off Road magazine (on stands now) they just did a review on the Wildpeak A/T (page 74 & 75).

Let us know if you try them out! We would be interested in your feedback.

If you want to check out some pictures of the tire on our Rubicon CLICK HERE

Nick,
I hope you get to see them up close and personal on the JK Experience! Stay tuned... the next round of selected participants should be contacted and announced soon!
thanks, i hope so too

whens the 37 going to be available?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by jeepnick
thanks, i hope so too

whens the 37 going to be available?
The 37x12.50R17's will be available to the public in February. We may be giving a set away on Facebook before that though.

We will have a 325/80R16 available in October/November and it is almost the exact same OD and width as the 37's.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I need new tires bad and was looking at the Falken Wild Peak AT. My local discount tire doesn't have these but has the Falken Rockey Mountain ATS which look exactly like the wild peak. Are these the same tires just named different for a different market?

Mike
Old 08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

What about 35? When 35 will be available
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by FunJK
I need new tires bad and was looking at the Falken Wild Peak AT. My local discount tire doesn't have these but has the Falken Rockey Mountain ATS which look exactly like the wild peak. Are these the same tires just named different for a different market?

Mike
The Rocky Mountain ATS is the same construction and tread design as the Wildpeak. Discount Tire Direct (their internet sales division) sells the Wildpeak.

taher,

35's will be available in January.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 AM
JK Junkie

Ok Mr. Falken Rep guy you got my attention with these new A/T tires especially with the 3 ply sidewall. I was considering the Yokohama A/TS but after some reading im giving the new Falken's a good look but I do have two questions for you.

First question is. Can you post some of the specs of the JK in your photos like tire/wheel size, front/rear bumper, any engine performance modifications and any other modification on the Jeep.

Second question is can you post a link showing all the current sizes avaliable for the new A/T tire and any possible sizes in the near future.

Last edited by Sapper12b; 08-18-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Falken wild peak AT