Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender help in Houston! ! !

Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender help in Houston! ! !

Hello. Recently bought a 2 Dr Willys JK. I want to do the Fender Mod but lack the tools and skills to risk cutting on my fenders. Is there a shop in the Houston area who does this sort of thing? Skilled, experience members? Please let me know.Thanks!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can get the cut off wheel and any other tools you might need at Harbor Freight for less than $50 probably. Won't be the last time you'll want or need them either. Pick up a package of door trim for about $20 from Autozone or Oriely's and you're all set. Plenty of DIY videos on YouTube. If you're really nervous about making the cut buy an extra set of fenders - you can usually find a set on the forums for about $100 or so.

Sent while my wife wasn't looking...
Old 09-01-2014, 12:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

One of the hundreds of 'how to cut flares' threads, this one from all the way back in 2009.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...s-video-80145/

If you read through enough of the various threads and posts, you'll see that many people are simply using a sharp utility knife. Mark your lines with tape, heat the flare with a heat gun if you have one, then score the line and start cutting through.

You can afford a few bucks for a utility knife and a roll of thin tape, right? This certainly isn't something to pay a shop to do for you.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Lol. Okay. Moral of the story is don't be a puss and just do it. Got it!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmark
Lol. Okay. Moral of the story is don't be a puss and just do it. Got it!
Get after it!

Quick Reply: Fender help in Houston! ! !