Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few questions (super chips/axle reinforcement/Engine upgrade

Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default few questions (super chips/axle reinforcement/Engine upgrade

1. I have a superchips flashpaq for my 08JKU and i have never updated it online (I have a mac and Mac osX is not supported). Have their been any substantial upgrades or updates in the past few years that would make it worth it and is there a list of the versions and what was added?

2. I recently purchased some 38x14.50 goodyear MTRs. with the wider tires and added weight of them, it will add stress to other parts. I'm thinking ball joints, RCV axles, what about power steering pump? I do have upgraded parts front he pitman arm down (RK upgraded Drag link/flip kit and RK tire rod with new ends). I'm gearing to 5.38 but what other axle reinforcements should I do?

nearing 100K miles and due to the miles, Supercharging seems like it would put too much stress on an aging engine. Should i just wait and do a motor swap?
Old 03-04-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
1. I have a superchips flashpaq for my 08JKU and i have never updated it online (I have a mac and Mac osX is not supported). Have their been any substantial upgrades or updates in the past few years that would make it worth it and is there a list of the versions and what was added?
Good luck with Superchips! I bought my FlashCal (not FlashPaq) back in Jan (2014) for my 2014 JKU Sahara. It does not do all that they advertise - at least for the 2014 models. I have tried for 3 months to get answers from them, but they will not respond. "Support" apparently is not in their vocabulary. Yet they keep pimping their $180 FlashPaq upgrade to me. Yeah right!! Let me get right on that! God help me if I have issues with THAT too! Then I'd be out $340 instead of just the $160 so far. It is potentially a great product, but products are only as good as manufacturer support! ...and as far as I'm concerned from my personal experience, they completely lack that.

As for your MAC compatibility issue, my suggestion would be to find a friend with a PC who will let you download Spark so you can update it. There have been updates to mine in the short period I've had it and it stands to reason that updates are likely improvements over previous. Perhaps your very best option if you're not using the tuning feature is to sell it online and buy a ProCal specifically for your year model (AA or AB, I think). It doesn't require updates. Good or bad? I certainly can't answer that. I think you might have more productive results in the end for your situation, but who knows?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm unfamiliar with the Pro-cal but I know that the Superchips has tons of features. I've got my TPMS completely disabled, Ive got my tire size updated and an engine tune and I don't thin pro-cal does all that. Also, superships lets you override the lockers and lock the diffs without being in 4lo although I've never tried it. Lastly, one of the features I bought it for was so that i can set the engine idle rpm higher during winching applications to keep the voltage up. Again, all these features were super slow and I am hoping that updated have sped things up and maybe some new features. Good luck with yours. I wasn't aware that they had support for newer models yet. My buddy bought the pro cal for the '14 he just picked up...

Quick Reply: few questions (super chips/axle reinforcement/Engine upgrade