Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ever lift looking for opinions

Old 09-30-2016, 12:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Costal Carolina is mainly the Beach and crappy mud filled trails. Not much of a challenge for me. Only decent wheeling is Uwharrie National forest 3 hours away. Even then after you have been there dozens of times you try to find ways to challenge yourself like trying harder lines and turning off lockers. WindRock OHV park is 8 hours away that is better Wheeling or go to Rausch Creek thats like 10 hours away.

I get that People use their Jeeps in different ways. Not everyone is going to push their Jeep to the limits. The JK model is Plagued with a lot of people who Make their Jeep look Good and have no idea what its capable of. There are a lot of Jeep clubs around here that are more of a social club then about actual wheeling.

I personally am more about wheeling than sitting around in a parking lot talking about their Jeeps. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone I just don't partake in that scene. People that do thats great. I actually do all the work on my Jeep not just drop it off to get it done. I really enjoy doing the work on it and plus I can actually fix it on the trail when I break something.

Worst part about going to one of those clubs is seeing a Modded out Jeep admiring it then talking to the owner how he managed to put "X" part on and he says "Yeah the guys at XYZ shop is it was a major pain in the ass" I just have more in common with Jeepers who actually put in the Wrench time vs Dropping it off somewhere.

Thats Just one Jeepers opinion I just try to get out on the trails and Jeep on. I have no hate for people who are different in their love of Jeeps.

Quick Reply: First ever lift looking for opinions