Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flame suit on, need lift opinions..

Old 08-20-2016, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mds22
^^^ this
Do you mean "go for a ride in other jeeps?" Because if that's the case +1to that
Old 08-21-2016, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
Do you mean "go for a ride in other jeeps?" Because if that's the case +1to that
Been in a few, nothing I liked lol.. mostly smaller, BB type lifts or the other end of it and too big for daily drivers lol
Old 08-21-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Housegoat
Been in a few, nothing I liked lol.. mostly smaller, BB type lifts or the other end of it and too big for daily drivers lol
Not a Bb and not a 3.5" lift that costs as much as a year of car payments

http://www.metalcloak.com/4-Door-Jee...ost-p/7126.htm

I'm extremely happy with this one. Only regret on it is I wish I did the next spring rate up, whatever it is, for when I'm loaded down. Other than that it's been great. I daily drive mine and have two kids and a wife that need in and out so all the " get a 3.5" lift and 35" tires" suggestions on here weren't much help. I'm running 33x11.5 and get tons of compliments on it, and offroad its done everything I want and more.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Housegoat
Been reading and working through the endless threads, looking at all the different kits.. If I had any plans to go offroad Id drop a couple grand for a nicer suspension.. I plan to drive this to work ... I love the jeeps, and wish i had the time for an offroad toy but I dont.. SO im looking for a nice setup that functions well for a daily driver and gives me the ability to run a larger tire-35's.. and also not look like the tire is stuffed in the wheel well, I just dont like how some of the 4DR's look really low and full of tire..
Guess I want to just look like I can go anywhere...
Making the suspension drive good on the pavement as a daily driver is the hard part. You can throw shit on a trail rig and get by. Going big and having a nice ride on the pavement generally requires you replace just a bout everything between the axles and body in terms of steering, suspension, and driveshafts. The higher you go the more you need to replace.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Making the suspension drive good on the pavement as a daily driver is the hard part. You can throw shit on a trail rig and get by. Going big and having a nice ride on the pavement generally requires you replace just a bout everything between the axles and body in terms of steering, suspension, and driveshafts. The higher you go the more you need to replace.

What would u suggest adding with this kit? or would this work for what IM after?
http://www.metalcloak.com/product-p/7127.htm
Old 08-21-2016, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like a pretty complete kit to me. Wish it had lower arms instead of uppers - but then I guess it would cost more. I just like the idea of lengthening the lowers instead of shortening the uppers to maintain your wheelbase.

You're getting quality components for that price range for sure.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Decent kit, depending on what you actually get in lift height you may want to address the steering with a drag link flip, but I would wait until you have the kit installed. Like above I would like to see a full set of arms with a 3.5" kit but it is what it is.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Staying with 35's? Not going to armor it up for trail use and/or load it down with gear?

I didn't measure, but I'd guess those MC 3.5" coils gave me closer to 5 inches of lift on my relatively light 4door. Bunch of room between the stock flares and my 37" tires. I would have been much better off with their 2.5" coils...
Old 08-21-2016, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Staying with 35's? Not going to armor it up for trail use and/or load it down with gear?
yes on the 35's...dont plan on adding anything like that..maybe a nice rear tire carrier..
Old 08-21-2016, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your going metalcloak and hoping to net 3.5" get the 2.5" option on that kit. FWIW The 1.5" kit I linked higher up netted me closer to 2.5. so add +1 to whichever kit you add as a baseline as they advertise their heights to the weighty build (bumpers armor winch etc...)
Go with the 2.5 height option if your not armoring/loading up and you'll have less "issues" to address post install

Last edited by Jahamm88; 08-21-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Flame suit on, need lift opinions..