Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flex joint preload

Old 10-31-2014, 01:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flex joint preload

I have Rusty's Offroad flca's. I have had over a year now and they are a pain to grease. The grease is hard to get to go in and just come out on the sides near grease fitting. Could this be because I have to much preload on the races? How do you set the preload? Called Rusty's and not much help, no straight answer. Last time I grease them I took them apart, don't want to do that again!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:26 AM
JK Junkie

Do you see any set screws ?
How many miles ? I know my Currie axle joints did not take grease new.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 10-31-2014, 02:25 AM
JK Super Freak

I guess around 35,000 miles and yes I have set screws. When you have bolt removed, should you be able to move flex joint bearing easily by hand? I, had set to where I would put a screw driver throughout bolt hole, to help move bearing, so maybe I will loosen up the preload and try to grease. I thinking about replacing with Rusty's rubber bushing set for lfca.

Last edited by GunDude; 10-31-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GunDude
I have Rusty's Offroad flca's. I have had over a year now and they are a pain to grease. The grease is hard to get to go in and just come out on the sides near grease fitting. Could this be because I have to much preload on the races? How do you set the preload? Called Rusty's and not much help, no straight answer. Last time I grease them I took them apart, don't want to do that again!
No. Tight is good

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed

Quick Reply: flex joint preload