Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flexible solar panels

Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flexible solar panels

Good morning. Ive been looking for a good quality flexible solar panel for a while now. I do a fair bit of hunting and fishing and have a trailer built just for it.

My problem is that i use a dual battery setup for the trailer that charges the batteries when im driving but when youre not moving for a week or 2 at a time and the heater and lights run off the batteries it can be a problem.

Looking for feedback as to a good solar panel for recharging the trailer batteries when im out. I need a flexible setup that can do the job while im in one place for a week or 2. In my case solid panels are a no go as is any permanent mount setup.

Does anyone run anything like im looking for? Im looking for suggestions on brand and functionality.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't help you with the flexible panels since I have a solid one that I mount on my hood for camping.

I don't know how much you expect from a solar panel. Sounds like you need a bit of power when you run a heater. So I'm not sure if a solar panel would help that much.
Do you know what that heater draws?
What's your battery's capacity?
How big (in watts) you thought to go with the solar panel?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Camping world has flexible solar pannels
Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks ill look into them. Im not sure what wattage id need since im just looking to keep the batteries charged up. The most difficult part i fear is going to be finding one that will work in the winters up here. Most of the panelsive looked at so far are only rated to 0 celcius and id prefer to get onethats goodto-30 celcius at a minimum

Quick Reply: Flexible solar panels