Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox shocks???

Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
...After last year in moab on the trails I wanted to crawl under the jk and lick them.
Too damn funny.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I dont care much about on road feel, but how much better are the fox and or elka offroad compared to the bilsteins? What makes these better for rock crawling and or trail riding? Also, the fox are considerably cheaper than the elka, are the elka that much better?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MY_WHITEJK
im in the market for a new lift and love teraflex. having a two door, i feel the coil lift will be better because i get a higher lift and stiffer springs. i am undecided to get the lift with shocks(teraflex), or get it without shocks and order foxshocks. does anyone know how this lift is and/or how fox shocks will perform rather than the teraflex?? all pposts will be appreciated!!
Consider the Elka Performance shocks. They're Teraflex tuned and although they are a little more expensive than Fox, they are really, really nice. Fox are a stiffer, harder rebounding shock. The Elkas are a softer road ride with good high speed rebound on desert terrain. Both are great, just good to know of more options you may not have considered.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I dont care much about on road feel, but how much better are the fox and or elka offroad compared to the bilsteins? What makes these better for rock crawling and or trail riding? Also, the fox are considerably cheaper than the elka, are the elka that much better?
The way Tera put it to me was that the fox were better for high speed whoops and stuff, stiffer on road. The Elkas give a better on-road ride and all-round performance off- road.
I'll tell you this, Joe and I walked off and left a whole pack of jks in the desert washboards at 60-70mph. A guy behind me was running reg bilsteins, wayyyy behind, haha.I had to slow down and hang back for them to catch up several times. Also on poison spider my little girl fell asleep in the back of the jk for most of it, those shocks kill alot of bounce and rocking in the rocks. I personally don't see how you can get much better. It's helps you keep up with the coilover peeps.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The way Tera put it to me was that the fox were better for high speed whoops and stuff, stiffer on road. The Elkas give a better on-road ride and all-round performance off- road.
I'll tell you this, Joe and I walked off and left a whole pack of jks in the desert washboards at 60-70mph. A guy behind me was running reg bilsteins, wayyyy behind, haha.I had to slow down and hang back for them to catch up several times. Also on poison spider my little girl fell asleep in the back of the jk for most of it, those shocks kill alot of bounce and rocking in the rocks. I personally don't see how you can get much better. It's helps you keep up with the coilover peeps.
I understand going 60 in the desert these would shine, however, what about slow rock crawling. Are they really that much better than say a bilstein shock?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I understand going 60 in the desert these would shine, however, what about slow rock crawling. Are they really that much better than say a bilstein shock?
Yes they are as far as the reg bilsteins go. My first year in moab was running bilsteins, only got to do trails for 2days, felt like I'd been in a fight. This past year, 5days of trails, no beat up feeling, they rock in the rocks.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Ive been on the fence with these shocks for a while.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

How are the teras?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

MKjeep loves his. Two buddies of mine have run them and like them. When I rode in a jeep that had them it appeared that their was much less body roll.

Quick Reply: Fox shocks???