Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox vs Fox (steering stabilizer)

Old 09-21-2014, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox vs Fox (steering stabilizer)

Is the Fox ATS that much better ($280 more) the the standard Fox steering stabilizer? Thats a lot of cash for a stabilizer.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

With proper alignment and caster angles/proper steering geometry, you shouldn't really need much in the way of a steering stabilizer at all. I ran without one for a while because it was broken, didn't really notice a difference after adding one back on. But everyone's rig is different, I'd say save your money and get the cheaper one.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't have the ATS but this thread can help in your decision- https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ts-wow-287696/
Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I have it and there is definitely an improvement over stock. It really helps to take the push and pull out of my larger tires especially on the highway. Yeah it's pricey but I bought mine during a black Friday sale and saved a bit.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't buy the regular Fox. It will make your Jeep pull to one side. In my case it made it pull driver side. Like mentioned above though, if you dial in your front correctly you won't need one. I'm no longer using a stabililzer and I'm on 37s and 4" lift. Drives straight, no wobble or jarring. The ATS is said to be a very nice piece though as you can adjust how you want it to feel (tight steering or loose).
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

I have not run a steering stabilizer since I bashed the stock one on a rock the second time I took it wheeling in 2011. I never ran one on my XJ either. I would rather feel something in the steering when it first starts to loosen up or whatever, than have the stabilizer mask it for several months and have the problem get worse.

Quick Reply: Fox vs Fox (steering stabilizer)