Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Axle Options

Old 03-23-2016, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just popped some popcorn.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Oh yeahhhh.....shit just got real...
Lol (spit drink)
Old 03-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusion 4x4
Call us out - we're not "someone." We know your axles as well as you do. We'd never suggest that you put out an inferior product. You make great product.

We're business at heart, so we like data. You note that your PR44 starts at $2195. What is the average selling price to the "final" customer? Not Northridge4x4, who builds up the housing and sells them complete, but the actual selling price to the final customer. Based on a statistically significant sample set, over 90% of final customers spend well over $4k on a PR44. If you want to share the sales data, we can get an exact number, but we would estimate the average selling price to be pretty close to $5k. Another way to get there is to go to the website of a major reseller such as Northridge and price out a PR44.

The comment about requiring a lift for a PR44 was something we cleared up. It is simply getting an optimized separation between pinion and caster. Your axles are sold with that in mind and it is up to your resellers to understand the difference and get customers into the correct housing.

We are USA proud and machine everything we touch in our shop right here in Metro Detroit. We're not ashamed to say we have our pick of the best talent the fabricating industry has to offer.

Is your front PR60 better than our D60? Sure, when we sell ours for $4500 and you sell yours for $8k. For $250, we will re-tube ours to match yours. 3.75" OD and nearly 3/8" wall tube. That is our small D60 - the one that uses the same F450 unit bearings that Currie, Branik, and Spidertrax run.

Again, we like what you manufacture. If you're confident in what you build, then sell us your XD60 center section at wholesale. We can take that and make something stronger for less money. Honestly, we'd look forward to working with you.

Thanks,
Fusion 4x4
Fusion 4x4,

We weren't calling you or anyone else out with our comments. There are some good axles on the market, and we appreciate you recognizing that we make a great product. If you want to become a dealer for us or buy some products from us, please feel free to call our sales team.

Anyone can buy a ProRock 44 axle for as low as $2,195 from us or our dealers. That's not a loss-leader price: we really do sell them at that price. Of course there are options available if people want or need more.

We're here on this forum to help people and provide information, and we hope we've done that with the info we posted earlier.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Fusion 4x4, We weren't calling you or anyone else out with our comments. There are some good axles on the market, and we appreciate you recognizing that we make a great product. If you want to become a dealer for us or buy some products from us, please feel free to call our sales team. Anyone can buy a ProRock 44 axle for as low as $2,195 from us or our dealers. That's not a loss-leader price: we really do sell them at that price. Of course there are options available if people want or need more. We're here on this forum to help people and provide information, and we hope we've done that with the info we posted earlier.
We respect the response and appreciate your willingness to work with us. Honestly, your new XD60 center section is exactly what we need. No on else makes a 3.75" axle tube OD center section and that's where we play.

We'll reach out this week on procuring the XD60 center section.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fusion 4x4
We can use Spider 9 housings. We use larger unit bearings and ones that work with JK electronics. The ends are massive D60 ends on the front (or Reid Super King Pin). Rear is a unit bearing floater, like you see on most KOH rigs.
Great thread. I'm looking forward to my new Fusion4x4 9 axles. Spidertrax housings, reid super king pin knuckles, RCVs, Gearworks 3rd's, Fusion4x4 2.5 ton tie rod/drag links and the list goes on. Many thanks to Fusion4x4 for their time and flexibility on building what I want as a buyer. Great customer experience working with Fusion4x4. FWIW, Dynatrac was the other company I was working with and their customer service has been terrific too.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK12BLK
Great thread. I'm looking forward to my new Fusion4x4 9 axles. Spidertrax housings, reid super king pin knuckles, RCVs, Gearworks 3rd's, Fusion4x4 2.5 ton tie rod/drag links and the list goes on. Many thanks to Fusion4x4 for their time and flexibility on building what I want as a buyer. Great customer experience working with Fusion4x4. FWIW, Dynatrac was the other company I was working with and their customer service has been terrific too.
Don't hold back on the important details! 10" with billet locker and 4" housing or what?? Congrats on having easily the coolest jk axle setup I know of.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
Don't hold back on the important details! 10" with billet locker and 4" housing or what?? Congrats on having easily the coolest jk axle setup I know of.
You'll have to wait and see

I can tell you that there is so much beef in the shop right now that the USDA just certified our shop as Angus.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK12BLK
I agree.

When I taco this front d30 ( fingers crossed soon) I am undoubtedly going down the street to Fusion 4x4 and getting a full frontal - axle that is.

Thanks for keeping it real and offering a great and affordable product!

Quick Reply: Front Axle Options