Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Hostage/Hubcentric

Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NJBlackBetty
I don't have AEV wheels. I have Fuel Hostages. 18x9. I found their bore measures 87.1. Just trying to find what a 2011 JK Sports hub size is.
I understand, my point was there are very few out there that are hub-centric, it's really not an issue.

I'm just trying to be a little more careful especially because of the kid.
Completely understand, I have 2 of my own and can appreciate your concern, however you're over thinking it. You don't need the rings but if they make you feel better about it, there's certainly nothing wrong with using them.

PS: Hub diameter is 71.5mm. Don't waste your time on the plastic ones...

Last edited by fredrok; 08-31-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fredrock-thank you so much for the insight. One tire had it on correctly and I couldn't get the size. One wouldn't fit the bore of the wheel, I'm thinking maybe it was because it was loose between the wheel and the hub and some damage occurred. The one that wouldn't fit was 87.1-78.1. Unless that's the wrong size all together.

Here is a pic off of Fuels website. Am I reading it right? I would need an 87.1? And then a 87.1-71.5 part?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4081469303.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	623396

Last edited by NJBlackBetty; 09-01-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fredrock-thank you so much for the insight. One tire had it on correctly and I couldn't get the size. One wouldn't fit the bore of the wheel, I'm thinking maybe it was because it was loose between the wheel and the hub and some damage occurred. The one that wouldn't fit was 87.1-78.1. Unless that's the wrong size all together.

Here is a pic off of Fuels website. Am I reading it right? I would need an 87.1? And then a 87.1-71.5 part?

Attachment 623396
You bet man. That's how I see it but I don't think you're likely to find a 87.1 ring, likely a 87-71.5 but .1mm is far more precise than any other aspect of the wheel so I would round it down.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize that this will not be a very popular thing to say in a subforum for modified jeeps... but if you are concerned and want stock reliability that has been tested to be safe... go back to stock wheels. I doubt aftermarket companies need to subject their products to the same tests and standards as the OEM's.

If you can accept the "risk" of your aftermarket wheels, then run them! It sounds like you don't have much to worry about, but if you will feel safer with stock specs you don't have many options. Have you contacted your vendor or Fuel to see what they have to say? How about a local tire and wheel shop? They could probably test fit rings to make sure that you are good to go.

Quick Reply: Fuel Hostage/Hubcentric