Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future Mod List... Sound Okay?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phljeeper
I would give RK a call about the rear arms. I believe (based on past forum post that I can't seem to find in a quick search) the arm length for the rear lowers is different if you have rear uppers. I know they are adjustable but I think you need to set the lower shorter than it will go (with the mid arm that comes with the max travel kit) to properly space and angle the rear when you add uppers. I had a max travel kit on my prior jeep and when I talked to RK about adding rear uppers they recommended I change the rear lowers that came in the kit for a pair that were shorter.
Ok yeah, I definitely understand what you're saying so I'll give them a call and see what exactly they suggest. I wouldn't exactly be happy about having to buy rear lowers AND uppers since a set of lowers came with the kit but whatever it takes to make it right I guess. I appreciate your input for sure.

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Step 1: adjust rear lowers for where you want the axle positioned in the wheel well
Step 2: adjust rear uppers for proper pinion angle

You'll want to run both. I didn't....and my rear driveshaft blew out 5k miles later on a 3.5" lift.

RK rear lowers are indeed a little too long. This leads to the rear coil springs bowing. Yeah, you can run those dinky wedges...or just buy new Artec coil perches for $65 and burn them on.
Yeah I'll most definitely run both uppers and lowers, very just got the get the right length I guess. I'm not big on the wedges so I'll add the Artec coil perches to list as well, thanks for that.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Max travel is for a 2 door and provides rear uppers for pinion angle. You could get that and add lowers.

Quick Reply: Future Mod List... Sound Okay?