Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are G2 Axle high quality?

Old 01-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike H.
Really?
I mean, mine are bought and in, so, it's moot for me, but I was told the G2 placer axles were US made...
I know they have 2 lines, one more economical than the placer... torx or something?

So, I've gone and done the rears, but, fronts will be up next, so, who is making axles in the US?
Dynatrac.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike H.
Really?
I mean, mine are bought and in, so, it's moot for me, but I was told the G2 placer axles were US made...
I know they have 2 lines, one more economical than the placer... torx or something?

So, I've gone and done the rears, but, fronts will be up next, so, who is making axles in the US?
ALL Dynatrac axle housings and axleshafts are Made in the USA! We are usually not the least expensive, but we are confident that no one builds stronger, better quality axles. And only our ProRock axles give you the most ground clearance in the industry, thanks to the patented ProRock design.

If someone has a Rubicon, we make a ProRock 44 housing that is a direct bolt-in, using the Rubicon locker and factory axleshafts. We also have ProRock 44 axle assemblies for non-Rubicon JKs which include a choice of locker and gears, and US-made Dynatrac axleshafts. It will also come with axleshafts, balljoints (OEM replacement or Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints), a Pro Series nodular iron diff cover and the axle-mounted control arm bushings will already be installed in the housing.

We also just introduced the Trail Leader Package which upgrades the front and rear. This package comes with a front ProRock 44 like we just described above and our JK44 35-spline rear Dana 44 axlehsaft upgrade kit for the rear. This package includes an ARB Air Locker front and rear, and the rear package also includes ring-and-pinion, a gear setup kit and a Pro Series nodular iron diff cover. The front axle comes assembled and the gears are set up already. The rear will require that you (or a shop) install the locker, gears, axleshaft and diff cover. We put this package together to match the front and rear axles in strength and durability, and bundling it together allows us to offer a lower price.

Here’s the link to the new Trail Leader Package: https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemb...e-package.html
Old 01-11-2017, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandell
I was looking at front/rear axle complete kits and noticed that the G2 Axle kits are a good bit cheaper than the similar Alloy USA kits. Plus they include new differential covers. Are these kits good quality?
I actually had the same thing happen to me. But on the drivers side. A complete G2 axle was actually cheaper than a new rubicon replacement. So my body shop purchased a complete G2 and I love it. All parts are made in the USA and it just looks so much bigger.
Im installing 4:88's for the rear so that I can install my new Adams driveshafts.

Last edited by JkuCrazy; 01-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Here’s the link to the new Trail Leader Package: https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemb...e-package.html
I'm not gonna lie, that's a tasty looking package... I'm slightly concerned by this bit, though:

... Strength and durability you need without requiring wheel changes or other costly upgrades that you simply aren't necessary for the type of off-roading you do.
What is this referring to? I guess my question is, will these axles stand up to rock crawling in a 4dr with 37" rubber, locked up and driven by an atlas 4 spd? Cause that's the type of off-roading I do.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by NathanOtis
I'm not gonna lie, that's a tasty looking package... I'm slightly concerned by this bit, though:

What is this referring to? I guess my question is, will these axles stand up to rock crawling in a 4dr with 37" rubber, locked up and driven by an atlas 4 spd? Cause that's the type of off-roading I do.
Yes, they are absolutely capable of that.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excluding the strength of lockers. How much stronger are your rear shafts compared to chromoly 32 spline rubicon shafts? Just curious.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Joe_B
Excluding the strength of lockers. How much stronger are your rear shafts compared to chromoly 32 spline rubicon shafts? Just curious.
Our axles are considerably stronger, not only because of the larger, 35-spline size, but also because we have developed a proprietary heat-treat process. Chromoly is a term used by a lot of people, but it really describes a range of metal alloys. We chose the best metal (US-sourced, by the way) for this specific application. Something that will take abuse without breaking, but also has enough flex in it to absorb impacts that might otherwise damage the ring-and-pinion or other axle components.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply (sorry if I came off like an ass, the verbage set me off a bit).

At that price, is a compressor included for the lockers?
Old 01-13-2017, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NathanOtis
Thanks for the reply (sorry if I came off like an ass, the verbage set me off a bit).

At that price, is a compressor included for the lockers?

My friend & I both bought PR44 front axles and were doing what you mentioned and they work great. You won't regret if you choose to buy a Dynatrac axle assembly.

Quick Reply: Are G2 Axle high quality?