Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G2 Core Vs PR44U

Old 09-13-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't get that ejected LSD crap. They offer ARB I would go with that. Either way anything is better than a stock D30.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the locker is one of my main concerns. I had an e locker in my old jeep and loved it. Wasn't to sure about the ected locker. if I go with a g2 axle with an air locker it would put me right at the price of the pr44 because I would have to get an air compressor. maybe not a terrible thing but wasn't in my original plans
Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Don't get that ejected LSD crap. They offer ARB I would go with that. Either way anything is better than a stock D30.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you like rebuilding carrier clutch packs get the auburn. Elockers are great I have 2. You could build your own front. Get a housing from whoever and fill it up with what you want.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Dana/Spicer Ultimate 44 with a Rubicon Locker and love it. Just throwing out that option. Another option is to get a used Rubicon D44 put an Artec Truss and Armor kit on it and call it a day. Save the cash money for 40's.

R/
Will
Old 09-13-2016, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkbroc
the locker is one of my main concerns. I had an e locker in my old jeep and loved it. Wasn't to sure about the ected locker. if I go with a g2 axle with an air locker it would put me right at the price of the pr44 because I would have to get an air compressor. maybe not a terrible thing but wasn't in my original plans
So get an eaton e-locker instead, it's available for either axle. (the dana 44 version was upgraded a while back to a 4pin design, so it should be on par with an arb now for strength.)

For what it's worth, I haven't seen anyone post any first-hand negative feedback about the clutch based limited slip portion of the ected. It could work perfectly fine. I really like the idea of that traction device, just wish they had based it off of something with gears like the truetrac instead of clutches. A truetrac that turns into a detroit at the push of a button, sign me up.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

G2=Made in China. May have headquarters in California.
Personally I would not do any 44 upgrade unless it were the hybrid dynatrac 44 with the dana 60 outers. Keeping the factory unit bearings and brakes make no sense when dropping that much money on an axle. Dynatrac will also build whatever you want in an axle with whatever shafts or lockers you want. They can even build a wider axle to give big tires more room and match the width of full width tons.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The G2's we put under a project were built and assembled in Compton.

G2 AXLE & GEAR | HOME
Old 09-13-2016, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So swap in a 60 and need to go to a 40+" tire to gain back the ground clearance you lost over the 37"/D44 combo.
I could of easily went with the D60 swap but I wasn't ready to give up ground clearance and ad the extra weight.

I went with the Mopar Performance D44HD/J8 build and put in an OX locker, 5.38 Yukons and RCVs. Basically the same housing as the Dana/Spicer Ultimate.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

So if you are so concerned with ground clearance, are you running factory style brackets on that new axle? The lower control arm mounts and shock mounts that hang way down like an anchor?
Old 09-13-2016, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
So if you are so concerned with ground clearance, are you running factory style brackets on that new axle? The lower control arm mounts and shock mounts that hang way down like an anchor?
The brackets have not been a concern where I go but adding a 2-3" drop in pumpkin clearance does.
If they become a problem I'll change them then.

Quick Reply: G2 Core Vs PR44U