Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting the most out of my Budget Boost

Old 02-10-2016, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting the most out of my Budget Boost

Hey guys, I currently have a 2.5" BB lift from Rough Country along with the 2.2 shocks and JKS discos. This is the original, not the Series II to the best of my knowledge. In the future I do plan on replacing it with a real suspension but I was wondering what I could add to utilize the performance up until then but can still use when I swap in 2.5" coils and probably build a "Frankenlift". Can any give me some advice please. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CarpenterJK07
Hey guys, I currently have a 2.5" BB lift from Rough Country along with the 2.2 shocks and JKS discos. This is the original, not the Series II to the best of my knowledge. In the future I do plan on replacing it with a real suspension but I was wondering what I could add to utilize the performance up until then but can still use when I swap in 2.5" coils and probably build a "Frankenlift". Can any give me some advice please. Thanks.
how old is your setup? I would swap in new shocks pronto. Fox would be a great choice, also add control arms lower up front. You would want a rear track bar bracket and front track bar by rights if you do not have them already as well. Other than that its just springs.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I bought the jeep with the setup but the jeep only has 60k miles on it. I think the guy told me the kit was only on there for like 25k miles when I bought it and I've only put 8k miles on it. But I've been looking at adding front LCAs and a track bar from CORE 4X4. Anyone have any experience with them. I spoke with the owner past couple days and he was very helpful
Old 02-11-2016, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

If you haven't done so already and you have plans to run bigger tires (you didn't say either way), I'd spring for a new drag link and tie rod. Synergy stuff is great and uses 1-ton ends. Add in at least a rear track bar bracket to recenter your rear axle if you haven't done so. Several great options out there that are fairly inexpensive. Both bolt-on and weld-on. An Artec front axle truss kit would be a wise investment, too, but not really considered "lift" parts.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

What rear TB bracket do you guys recommend?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarpenterJK07
What rear TB bracket do you guys recommend?
I'm running a teraflex rear bracket and its held up great.

Showered the stock one off, welded it back on and this one got put right on top of it. Works great.

As for core 4x4, had their arms on a tj of mine years back they were beefy as hell. Buddy of mine just threw a set on his xj of their tier 3 arms and those things are really sweet for the price.

Quick Reply: Getting the most out of my Budget Boost