Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good exhaust or not?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. I looked into the banks monster and it seemed like a pretty safe bet with volume. However, I've heard a lot of good things about the sound on the MBRP. So I think I'm going to go with the MBRP, I'm positive that I will be happy with the results. Combined with the air intake and the flashpaq, I think I'm going to get a pretty nice sound out of it. Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a AEM brute force CAI and a dynomax custom exhaust (same muffler used in the rock crawler system). I wanted to do custom bc I just learned how to weld and needed a project. Plus saved some dough doing so, but anyway, could not be happier with the sound and performance. Roars on startup and you don't hear it until you get on it. I can still hear my intake well over the sound of the exhaust. I had about 5 people ask me what kind of exhaust I was running at the last trip. IMO dynomax and mbrp are the best sounding/performing systems out there. My buddy runs MBRP and it would be my second choice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2412696043.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	227677   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1817980550.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	227678  
Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am thinking of the Rustys exhaust for my 2012 (if it fits). Its bolt on and uses a Cherry Bomb that is similar if not the same to the Flowmaster 40 or 50. I had a thrush on my 2008 JKU. I was not looking for more power just a little sound. Anyone have any thoughts on the rustys?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=PER_EXH
Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueLespaul2006
I am thinking of the Rustys exhaust for my 2012 (if it fits). Its bolt on and uses a Cherry Bomb that is similar if not the same to the Flowmaster 40 or 50. I had a thrush on my 2008 JKU. I was not looking for more power just a little sound. Anyone have any thoughts on the rustys?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=PER_EXH
I really like my Rusty's exhaust. Best deal on the market if you ask me. Last I checked, Qtec had the same exhaust labeled Rugged Ridge in the $400 range. It is an axle back, not a catback but the muffler is much smaller than stock and tucks up nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mowers 058.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	236389   Click image for larger version

Name:	mowers 059.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	236390   Click image for larger version

Name:	mowers 057.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	236391  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 PM
pik
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this Dynomax system. I have had Dynomax products on other vehicles and have been happy with sound and quality. This system is no exception. Love the location of the muffler, quality, ans sounds awesome. I put in on myself in around 45 mins.

h ttp://www.dynomax.com/application_info.php?vehicle=2011-2007-wrangler-unlimited-4dr-w-3.8l-high-clearance-off-road-rockcrawler-design-39459

Last edited by armycop; 11-13-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lowendrider
I really like my Rusty's exhaust. Best deal on the market if you ask me. Last I checked, Qtec had the same exhaust labeled Rugged Ridge in the $400 range. It is an axle back, not a catback but the muffler is much smaller than stock and tucks up nicely.
The exhaust sold by Rusty's is the lower priced Cherry Bomb Pro. While the one sold by Rugged Ridge is the higher priced Cherry Bomb Vortex. Thier not the same muffler's. You can look them both up on the CherryBomb wed site. CherryBomb sell's the Cherry Bomb Pro on thier Web site for the JK just like the one rusty sell's but does not sell the Rugged Ridge Vortex on thier site for the JK..

Last edited by Shadow's_Jeep; 11-13-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider

How does it sound? Does it drone real bad?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MADMAX07
...I have a Corsa db off road axle back system. It fits up perfectly, all 304 stainless steel, half the size and weight of stock unit and sounds great. I am very happy with it...
Me too...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Thanks, one of the most popular exhaust system for the JK out there.

Originally Posted by pik
I have this Dynomax system. I have had Dynomax products on other vehicles and have been happy with sound and quality. This system is no exception. Love the location of the muffler, quality, ans sounds awesome. I put in on myself in around 45 mins.

http://www.dynomax.com/application_i...r-design-39459
Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow's_Jeep
The exhaust sold by Rusty's is the lower priced Cherry Bomb Pro. While the one sold by Rugged Ridge is the higher priced Cherry Bomb Vortex. Thier not the same muffler's. You can look them both up on the CherryBomb wed site. CherryBomb sell's the Cherry Bomb Pro on thier Web site for the JK just like the one rusty sell's but does not sell the Rugged Ridge Vortex on thier site for the JK..
Point taken, but the last time I looked the RR thru Qtec priced at $400+ looked exactly the same as what I have. Maybe someone needs to check out what pictures they have up.

Quick Reply: Is this a good exhaust or not?