Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good exhaust or not?

Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
How does it sound? Does it drone real bad?
To answer your question, I drive my jeep on the interstate 50 miles per day to and from work and I can hear the exhaust but its not irritating. It quiets down nicely once in 6th gear, and not bad in 5th either. In my opinion it makes a great sound on startup and idling and good sounds during daily driving.

I justed check the Qtech website and it does say "vortex" muffler, but the pic it shows is indeed the same exhaust as the Rusty's. And I was wrong, it lists for $599!! Wow, a different muffler is worth an extra $400?!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took the Gibson Dual setup off my Jeep. At idle it was fine but at 65-70 mph vibration was horrible and loud as hell. For now I'll just run my factory muffler.

Quick Reply: Is this a good exhaust or not?