Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys i need help with my rear diff the original welding on the diff was broked

Old 02-28-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

It broke because that kit uses a tall axle side relocation bracket (which is good btw) but the factory welds can not hold up to the amount of leverage that is put on it. You can weld it back on or a better thing to do would be to buy an after market HD raised bracket from someone like genright, ballistic, or synergy.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
It broke because that kit uses a tall axle side relocation bracket (which is good btw) but the factory welds can not hold up to the amount of leverage that is put on it. You can weld it back on or a better thing to do would be to buy an after market HD raised bracket from someone like genright, ballistic, or synergy.
Yup - more options for you!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You can weld it back on or a better thing to do would be to buy an after market HD raised bracket from someone like genright, ballistic, or synergy.
This. If you are already spending the time and money to weld it up, might as well have something superior put on in its place.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Haven't looked at any of the competing products, went with the synergy rear bracket just because I was happy with their front end components.

POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Suspension*::*Suspension & Lift Kits*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems*::*Synergy Manufacturing*::*Synergy Jeep JK 3"+ Bolt-on Rear Track Bar Bracket
Old 02-28-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I would do this one and weld it on. Make sure to get it straight with the new lift hight and pinion angle.
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-29520.html
Old 03-01-2014, 12:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Actually now that I am not trying to look at pictures on my phone, it looks like the track bar bracket is already installed. The Teraflex barcket comes with an extra piece that gets C-clamped to the axle housing, and also has tabs for additional welding. This bracket that you installed does not have that, and the extra lever arm force from the longer bracket might have contributed to the failed welds.

There is a reason most people on this site stay away from Skyjacker.

If you weld it back, make sure you add some extra reinforcement gussets, or get a Teraflex bracket.

Here below you can see why the Teraflex bracket is stronger - bolted in two other places. (Photo is from another part of this site, but the same part is on my jeep)

Attachment 534042
Thnx for ur reply the teraflex looks better actually than the skyjacker there is a part for the support I didn't install but the picture u sent it looks much stronger than skyjacker bracket
I will reinforce it Thnx for ur help
Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 AM
JK Newbie

Do I have to weld this part on the bracket
Old 03-01-2014, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

There are parts you didn't install? Hard to blame the parts then!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2014, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by yousif
Do I have to weld this part on the bracket
You would just replace the factory bracket with this part. Throw that other stuff away. It is a replacement weld on bracket with adjustable mounting location for different size lifts. I ran this back when I had a track bar.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
There are parts you didn't install? Hard to blame the parts then!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
Yes the bracket support I didnt install I ordered them now will install them as soon as I get them

Quick Reply: guys i need help with my rear diff the original welding on the diff was broked