Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half of a Body lift???

Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half of a Body lift???

I have looked on here and can not find anything about this so i am going to ask. I recently bought a new challenger and while i was at the dealership i was looking at the jeeps they had lifted and stuff. i noticed that on 2 of their JK unlimited they only installed half of the body lift. i suppose it was to level the jeep out and thought that might be a good idea. i have a 2 door with a 1.25 body lift on and i want to put a rear bumper and tire carrier on but i dont want that gap. Is it a good idea to only install the front half of the lift or not?
Old 03-27-2017, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Are you sure they used a partial body lift, and not front coil spacers? Front coils spacers are very common for levelling our jk's.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a thought, but that would mean that the body wouldn't be sitting on the frame/ body lift mounts allowing gaps and putting a lot of stress on those bolts holding the body to the frame. I would never do that. Either do whole body lift or none. If it's leveling that is needed, then get a level kit/spacers for top of coils/springs to help level Jeep!!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

yeah i kept looking at it and sure enough they have the body lift on the front but nothing on the back. They used full springs and fox shocks all the way around no spacers on the coils. I guess they just tightened the hell out of the bolts because there was no gap between the body and frame anywhere.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The way you could tell is if there was a gap between the front frame rails and the grill, and the rear bumper and the tub (can see the pinch seam above the rear bumper). Few people do this on a JK and it is usually for something ridiculous like 40s on stock suspension. I couldn't imagine why you would do half a body lift.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is already a space, stock from the factory , with the factory body mounts. The body does not sit right on the frame.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I feel like a half a body lift would put too much stress on the body, and while it might work for a little bit, after a bit of time, and or a few miles, you would have issues with panel gap fitment, and eventually doors not closing properly, and roof leaks (more than normal) strange noises creaks and groans over mild bumps.

Sounds like a terrible plan to me.

Quick Reply: Half of a Body lift???