Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Tire Cover or Deletion/Relocation Plate

Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard Tire Cover or Deletion/Relocation Plate

So I'm upgrading to a new set of tires/wheels and I'm not ready to replace the bumper and spare tire carrier yet. I am trying to decide between a hard tire cover painted to match or a license plate relocation kit. I've had one of each on previous Jeeps but... I still cant make up my mind this time. My new Jeep is Black Forest Green and I have some matte black star decals on the side. If I got the spare hard spare cover I would likely either bedline it black to match the fenders or add another matte black star to the center. Would love some thoughts or pics of both.

Here are the options I'm considering...

Deletion kit: Full Metal Fabworks

Tire cover: http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag.../111968-lg.jpg

Thanks for the anticipated good advice, guys!
Old 05-05-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered my FMF relocation solution today. They don't have any powder coated ones currently in stock but said it would just be a few days. You could get it raw and paint to match your JK. I'm not a fan of the hard spare tire cover-looks too RAV4ish to me personally.

Quick Reply: Hard Tire Cover or Deletion/Relocation Plate