Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated seat solved..... but you won't believe how !?!

Old 02-28-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated seat solved..... but you won't believe how !?!

Gents, as mentionned in previous posts, I have been frustrated by the lack of heat provided by my supposedly front heated seats ever since December 2013 where I first tried them, due to the winter season up here in Canada.

Most times, I'd have time to get to destination after a 30 minute commute and the seats were barely warm, making me wonder if it was my body heat that actually warmed them up.

Well, I had an appointment at the dealership this week to figure this and other issues. They actually put the jeep on the computer and found nothing wrong at all, except maybe that the battery was a bit low in voltage 11.8 Volts (, since I had not used it for about 4 days and the dealer is 2 blocks down from my house).

When I left the dealership, I decided to go for a good ride to charge the battery and low and behold, my seats were heating up like they are supposed to!!! they got super warm and I suddenly became a satisfied customer.....

Got home, called the dealership and congratulated the service manager cause they fixed the seats !!!! to which he replied '' I don't understand how we could have done that, since we just hooked it up on the computer and didn't perform anything at all '' We, I said, they work now !!!

Next morning, leave home, expecting heat from my seats..... you got it !!! No heat at all !!! needless to say, I was pissed !!!

So I started thinking...... what could explain this?????

Well, just got back from a few hours of testing, and I found the culprit.....

What happened is absolutely illogical to me, but after testing it 4-5 times back and forth today, I can confirm without a doubt that I now what happened.....

Spit it you say!!!!

When I got to the dealership, I pulled out my flashcal and returned the jeep to stock..... leaving the dealership, I had heat. when I got home, I reinstalled the flashcal parameters, correcting tire diameter. In the morning, NO heat.

Today, put it back to stock, seats heated up....... pulled over, falshed it with flashcal, no heat...... pulled over, back to stock, heat, flashed, no heat...

Please someone explain this to me.....
Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da10A
Gents, as mentionned in previous posts, I have been frustrated by the lack of heat provided by my supposedly front heated seats ever since December 2013 where I first tried them, due to the winter season up here in Canada.

Most times, I'd have time to get to destination after a 30 minute commute and the seats were barely warm, making me wonder if it was my body heat that actually warmed them up.

Well, I had an appointment at the dealership this week to figure this and other issues. They actually put the jeep on the computer and found nothing wrong at all, except maybe that the battery was a bit low in voltage 11.8 Volts (, since I had not used it for about 4 days and the dealer is 2 blocks down from my house).

When I left the dealership, I decided to go for a good ride to charge the battery and low and behold, my seats were heating up like they are supposed to!!! they got super warm and I suddenly became a satisfied customer.....

Got home, called the dealership and congratulated the service manager cause they fixed the seats !!!! to which he replied '' I don't understand how we could have done that, since we just hooked it up on the computer and didn't perform anything at all '' We, I said, they work now !!!

Next morning, leave home, expecting heat from my seats..... you got it !!! No heat at all !!! needless to say, I was pissed !!!

So I started thinking...... what could explain this?????

Well, just got back from a few hours of testing, and I found the culprit.....

What happened is absolutely illogical to me, but after testing it 4-5 times back and forth today, I can confirm without a doubt that I now what happened.....

Spit it you say!!!!

When I got to the dealership, I pulled out my flashcal and returned the jeep to stock..... leaving the dealership, I had heat. when I got home, I reinstalled the flashcal parameters, correcting tire diameter. In the morning, NO heat.

Today, put it back to stock, seats heated up....... pulled over, falshed it with flashcal, no heat...... pulled over, back to stock, heat, flashed, no heat...

Please someone explain this to me.....
Glad you figured it out. Sounds like you need to contact Superchips so the can fix it. Also is your programmer up-to-date? If not I would jump online and see if there are any updates.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Maybe the flashcal interferes with the LIN Bus. It's over the LIN Bus that the switches communicate with the Heated Seat Module.

The SuperChips people should be able to address that if that is the case.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Maybe the flashcal interferes with the LIN Bus. It's over the LIN Bus that the switches communicate with the Heated Seat Module.

The SuperChips people should be able to address that if that is the case.
First, the device is updated.

I've been thinking long and hard as I was washing it in my garage just now, and the explanation I can come-up with, is that while I thought that the flashcal was inserting new info in the computer, in my case tire size, it seems like that is not how it works. Looks more like the flashcal replaces the whole program by it owns program in which there is the new tire diameter info. And that program does not include heated seats.

I will definitely call Superchips about this.

Last edited by Da10A; 02-28-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have superchips and my jeep is flashed and the heated seats work fine. i mean, the heated seats were never stellar but they do get warm but nothing like my wife's VW that will roast your ass.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if this is true when using a tuner on the Jeep, but is it necessary to disconnect the battery for several minutes after installing a tune? The SuperChips tuner for my 99 F150 needed this. Just a thought...
Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalearyous
i have superchips and my jeep is flashed and the heated seats work fine. i mean, the heated seats were never stellar but they do get warm but nothing like my wife's VW that will roast your ass.
Mine hardly got warm at all compared to my wife's ford edge that you have to switch to the low settings after 5 minutes at the most. But with the vehicle back to stock, it is not quite as warm as her edge, but darn close.

I'd be curious to know your results if you'd try it. But as said, I tried it numerous times today, flashed/ stock , flashed/stock, flashed/stock and the difference is absolutely conclusive.

As to unplugging the battery's negative after flashing, never did or heard about having to do that.

Last edited by Da10A; 02-28-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Da10A
I tried it numerous times today, flashed/ stock , flashed/stock, flashed/stock and the difference is absolutely conclusive.
Empirical data...
Old 02-28-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

which flashpaq do you have?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalearyous
which flashpaq do you have?
Not flashpaq, but flashcal. I believe it is the 3570

Quick Reply: Heated seat solved..... but you won't believe how !?!