Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heavy Duty Tailgate hinges from Retrofit Offroad

Old 07-30-2015, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picture of bottom hinge bracket
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-212776282.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	436.6 KB
ID:	619780  
Old 07-30-2015, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy_PHA
In addition to the question above, will these keep the pop welds from popping from the weight of a larger tire?
There is now available a tailgate reinforcement and tire carrier to go with these hiunges. Check out this thrread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...rcment-319775/
Old 07-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle521
I would rather deal with a difficult install than installing a chinese carrier that can break a lot easier
Dear kyle521,

That issue was address quite some time ago actually, just wanted to make sure that you know that.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
As I said they HAD the issue, past tense. The unit as a whole HAD an issue, regardless of where it occurs, the hinge needs a carrier and so on.
Still incorrect though. The carrier and hinge are separate and could be bought separately. The hinge never had an issue as far as I know. And they sent me a replacement carrier as soon as other people mentioned there being a problem. If you're going to inform people that's all good, but your information was wrong.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered these hinges from Retrofit Offroad http://www.retrofitoffroad.com/shop/...ailgate-hinge/and installed them the other day. I am very happy with the quality and price of these hinges. I actually called and talked to Joel about them before ordering. Super nice guy and he shipped them out the same day I placed my order. Here are pics of them installed on my JK

When I spoke to Joel he said there is a tailgate reinforcement and heavy duty tire carrier that will be available shortly that work with these hinges. Probably will order these since I am running 35's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	retrofit offroad hinges.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	619853  

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Tailgate hinges from Retrofit Offroad