Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Height

Old 01-13-2007, 06:01 AM
paragon

Originally Posted by RubiRed
No he's not way off and why be such an a$$ to someone trying to help? Jake Blues said 6'5.8" and Rubimon told you 6'5.5". If you call .3" way off you you must be used to measuring things with a micrometer.

You could have said "Thanks, but I would really like someone to measure one with a tape measure and see what the actual height is." Trust me you'll get more help being nice than being rude.
I'm simply returning the favor of reply, thank you.

He was not trying to help, he was being condescending from an ignorant standpoint. Lifts and tires DO NOT correlate exactly to their stated sizes as he implied. HENCE MY FREAKING DESIRE FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS A LIFT TO SIMPLY MEASURE FOR ME.

Read the original question where I asked someone to "someone to measure one with a tape measure". Trust me, when being rude to, it only serves to come back in the same manner.

Now, since the non-lift owners have replied, can other owners with the lift please reply at your convenience.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:03 AM
paragon

Originally Posted by Docwinkle
Paragon,
U should appologize to these folks whom tried to give you some help. Instead you bash them and talk down too them.
How bout to get your own darn diamentions.
Most of the Jeep community are nice peeps. Mayb U should by a hummer ****HEAD.
Thank you for your contribution. Spell much?

Can no one ask tech questions here without idiots flaming away?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure..............................i'll be rite back-----:toung:
Old 01-13-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

im sure with your attitude, anyone who has one of these combo's of lift/wheels is very likely to help you now. might want to rethink your posts if you want any help on this forum.

some people really need to learn forum etiquette.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paragon
Thank you for your contribution. Spell much?

Can no one ask tech questions here without idiots flaming away?
Hey Doc, little boy has a bad mouth,...huh!
This isn't a flame boy,... a 5 year old attitude goes along with a 5 year old......how's your (WhatsaHummerH3),..........> doing a comparison are ya!, please, you can't compare, big brother won't allow it. bye.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

So you are wanting someone to go measure their lift and tell you their height given what wheels and tires they have on their rig? Well since there will be several different measurements based on specific tire and lift heights, how can you bash the guy to do it mathematically when odds are they will all average out to equal those numbers he gave you. Even if he may be wrong, don't bash him for it. Say thank you jackass.

And also in what way was he condescending to you? For him to write all that crap down is a favor enough. Not a single word in that sentence sounds like he is talking down to you. You should stop being an a$$ and respect everyone here cause that's what they do to everyone, including yourself before you started attacking everyone.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

paragon is a charming guy.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:26 AM
paragon

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
So you are wanting someone to go measure their lift and tell you their height given what wheels and tires they have on their rig? Well since there will be several different measurements based on specific tire and lift heights, how can you bash the guy to do it mathematically when odds are they will all average out to equal those numbers he gave you. Even if he may be wrong, don't bash him for it. Say thank you jackass.

And also in what way was he condescending to you? For him to write all that crap down is a favor enough. Not a single word in that sentence sounds like he is talking down to you. You should stop being an a$$ and respect everyone here cause that's what they do to everyone, including yourself before you started attacking everyone.
THIS IS A TECHNICAL AREA and it was a specific question.

If you don't know the correct answer, don't assume. Some newbie might get burned by it.

But thanks anyway. Apparently my current vehicle choice blinds a few here. I'll happily look for my answers elsewhere.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

THIS IS A TECHNICAL AREA and it was a specific question.

But thanks anyway. Apparently my current vehicle choice blinds a few here. I'll happily look for my answers elsewhere.

Thank you, we appreciate it.

BTW, I have a a lift and bigger tires on my JK.......
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now, since the non-lift owners have replied, can other owners with the lift please reply at your convenience.
I have a 3" Full Traction lift and 35" tires on my JK, by the way. I'm not sure there is any value in having one particular person measure their Jeep for you. For one thing, my Jeep has already shortened a bit, now that the springs have settled into their mounts properly. So if I had given you a measurement from the day I did the lift and today, I'd give you 2 different numbers. Plus, someone with a full tank of gas will give you a different number than someone on empty, etc.

I gave you the specs because those are the most accurate way to go, if you're trying to judge how your Jeep will turn out, unless you want to specify a certain lift kit, with a certain spring rate, and tell us exactly how much sprung weight your Jeep will have, the size of the tires, how much air pressure you're going to run, etc, etc.

This is a technical forum, and you asked a question on specs, so I gave you a technical answer. If you just wanted to take a survey of how high everyone's Jeeps are, you should have done it in the "JK Talk" forum.

-E

Quick Reply: Height