Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Height

Old 01-13-2007, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a good thing I'm not a moderator................... This is what I've been saying the last couple days about people being nasty on the forum, and for people to be respectful. Plenty of quality help was offered, and the first thing this guy does is make derogatory comments to someone who spent time doing some math work for him giving him a rough estimate to work from.

His attitude is perfect for POR. Let him go over there and ask the question if he wants, they'll be quick to let him know the following:

1. They will call him a panzy for owning a JK
2. They will tell him to go to the newbie forum
3. They will give him numerous flaming finger flick-offs
4. They will laugh at him for not having D60/14bolt/Portals
5. They will laugh at him for asking about stock suspensions

Moderators..........if you are reading this post please note this individual (Paragon) needs some moderation.

Oh and Paragon, if you are offended by this post.............think about all the other people in this post that are offended by your rude comments and remarks after they tried to help you.

Chill out, relax and keep your cool. If you don't like the information you are getting here I welcome you to visit POR and see what information they are willing to give you.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Be respectful of people even if it is not the answer your looking for.

Everyone on this thread was trying to help you out. The jeeps are all new, and not alot of lifts are even available yet.

PLease stay on topic in this threads and others as well, I'm starting to feel like I'm at work.

Watch this public service announcement as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ax1m6R21CE
Old 01-13-2007, 01:14 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Be respectful of people even if it is not the answer your looking for.
Read my replies. More is being read into my initial replies than they are being given credit for.

And for the last time. It doesn't matter what the lift and/or the tires as long as I know what they are and what the numbers are. It doesn't matter if it's settled or not. Stuff I can't do anything about, that's logical, such as whether there's a body in every seat, the tank is full, I don't really care. But 6" lifts DO NOT add 6" to the overall height of the vehicle in nearly every application. Rarely are tires the height stated in their dimensions.

Knowing what tires you have and what lift you have, of the few lifts available, allows me to back into what I wanted to know. And, perhaps it might have been something useful for other JK owners. But, I can assure you, it's not likely to be shared here.

Respect is a 2 way street. I responded with what I was asking for and why dude was wrong and not helpful. If "non-help" is offensive to those here. Grow up.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by paragon
Knowing what tires you have and what lift you have, of the few lifts available, allows me to back into what I wanted to know. .

what exactly did you want to know? the height and thats it??
Old 01-13-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Respect is a 2 way street. I responded with what I was asking for and why dude was wrong and not helpful. If "non-help" is offensive to those here. Grow up.
You are right, it does work both ways.......................an nobody has been disrespectful to you, despite your attitude and blatant disrespect towards them. See below:

riiighht, Thanks for the non-help anyway, though.
Someone gave you an example formula to HELP you and you said "Thanks for the non-help"!!!

If you don't have a lift, fine, don't respond, otherwise, someone else give me some help here.
Do you know how many people on this forum have lifts? Not many..........so if you want answers you're gonna have to be patient as JK's are new, as are the lifts and many people are still waiting for more lift options.

Actually he's way off. What lift and what tires are you running? thanks
You were actually offered information from someone who had a lifted Jeep who said the lift comparison given was pretty close.........

Now, since the non-lift owners have replied, can other owners with the lift please reply at your convenience.
Again, why do you have to be so rude..........people are trying to help you. Show some appreciation for other people's knowledge. Obviously you aren't an expert which is why you are here so try to be a little grateful for the help given.

Thank you for your contribution. Spell much?

Can no one ask tech questions here without idiots flaming away?
How old are you? "Spell much"???? ................calling people "idiots".............do you honestly think people want to help someone with the attitude you have. I surely don't, and by the looks of this post, nobody intends on helping you due to their initial perception of you.

Anyway, you need to take a hard look at your own post before you post again because you are black-listing yourself as someone who obviously has no manners or respect for others who have tried to help you.

Last edited by Military Jeeper; 01-13-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

I might suggest you go to the search option and enter "lifts" and see what threads come up or go to the sponsor page on www.Project-JK.com and check out the various lifts offered. Can't help you with the height measurements but the other guys like Clubber and Rubimon are within a whisker of the actual measurments.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Someone asked a question about 20 inch rims and the response involved shooting someone else who had tried 20s.

Where I live, if that response was verbalized you would be facedown in seconds.

I don't think we need a moderator, we need to be a little more respectful of one another's questions and responses. I'm still pissed about the idiotic responses posted on the 20s thread two days ago, as you can see. I expected more out of the Jeep community, but this is no better than any other forum.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

This is'nt going anywhere. I dont wanna have to sit here and delete post that are off topic, I would be here all day.

Please respect one another, this is not directed at anyone person....

Paragon I hope you got what your looking for, Its going to be hard at this point, I can only think of a handfull of jeepers with lifts on JK's at this point.

Quick Reply: Height