Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I'm 15 right now turning 16 soon. I bought a 07 jk sport for my first vehicle. Since I'm young and not very experienced I came here to ask you guys what would be the most beneficial way to go for and off road/daily driver jeep
Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Remember I'm young and not rich haha
Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man welcome! Go look at my build thread! I was your age when I got my jeep
Old 04-12-2016, 11:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also there is a cheap/ free mod thread on here somewhere
Old 04-12-2016, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Also there is a cheap/ free mod thread on here somewhere
Thank you!
Old 04-12-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Stuck right to the top of this Modified area are two threads that are worth spending a little time reading, FAQ's and Thoughts on Lifts. (when using a computer, anyway. I have read that they are not there when accessing from a phone?)

Further up in the list of sub-forums is JK Write-ups. At the top of that section is an Index link that goes to a bunch of member writeups on various items/installs.

Further down on the list is JK 101, where you can find some information, tips and basics of offroading.

There is also a huge section for pictures of people jeeps called JK Show & Tell. In it, you will find threads categorized by lift height, tire size, jeep color, whatever. Worth looking through to get an idea of how you want your jeep to end up.

And there is also The Staging Area, the regional sub-forums. Find the one for where you live and see if anything is going on locally. Depending on how active they are, you might be able to meet up with some local JK'ers, maybe get some help with installs or join some trail runs.

Oh yeah, and fill in your profile. When asking questions, it can help us answer if we know exactly what year/model/mods you have.

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-12-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Jeep Family. I wish my parents would have bought me or let me buy a Wrangler when I was your age but that was almost 20 years ago lol the TJ had just came out then.

Your Jeep is a very capable machine right out off the lot. That being said its also 9 years old so depending on what kind of upkeep was done and if it was wheeled hard it could be a on the verge of breaking or it could have been someones Garage Queen that never has even seen a dirt road. I would look at the Diff housings and skids to see if there are any dents or scrapes that will sometimes give you an Idea of the use.

Best bang for your buck IMO would be an Aussie locker or Spartan....etc... for less than $300 you just went to the next level. Unless its already locked then your golden.

Jeeps are a Money pit I just spent 3K in the past 2 months on parts. Don't try to Keep up with us old guys with cash to spend. Best advice I can give you is get out there and experience the trails. Memories last a lifetime...
Old 04-12-2016, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best advice I could give is learn to weld. Most high schools have a career center that offers it. And as previously said, don't worry about keeping up with the older guys when it comes to spending money on your jeep.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Go out and drive it, its a jeep. It is way more capable then you are right now. No reason to throw money or mods at it. Join a jeep club. Buys some metric wrenches. Get a job so you have somenting to spend your money on.
Welcome to the jeep world
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Learning to weld is a good idea. My kid did it and it really opened up his possibilities on mods

Quick Reply: Help