Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help a gal out - bumper suggestions?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get rid of the hooks and it looks AWESOME. I am curious about the light mounting. I wonder if I can get a set of generic fog lights from a store and fit them in there.

Here is the olympic rock bumper and stinger on my old Cherokee. (yes, the vette is mine as well. And the dog's name is "Cherokee")

Last edited by IcyFridge; 03-10-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robin
as far as function I think this is a great bumper, but would you really want it for its looks
You don't have to use the tow hooks. It looks a lot cleaner without them or your could use shackle mounts.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Not to go off topic, but I highly recommend u find some other jeepers in ur area and try taking that capable rig of your off road, I promise after u do, u will no longer be looking into stuff just for "looks" and u will want to do it more and more and you will start to love your jeep more and more, trust me, you'll be doing yourself a favor!!
Back to bumpers, like some have suggested, go look on quadratec, northridge4x4, 4WD.com, etc and find a style u like and go from there. What's your price range?
For full width bumpers, the ARB bumper is really nice, Hanson makes some really attractive bumpers, LoD makes good lookin full width (long wait though), and there's a lot of other great ones out there, just check em out. If I were to get another bumper, it would def be a Hanson, I think they make the best lookin bumpers out, but that's just my opinion, just really clean lines. Good luck and post pics when u find one!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ssunde1
If I were to get another bumper, it would def be a Hanson, I think they make the best lookin bumpers out, but that's just my opinion, just really clean lines. Good luck and post pics when u find one!
they do and they are made in the USA.

the problem is they are all winch mount bumper for the JK
Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

I am getting an Olympic bumper when I get the money fo sho.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countrygal26
I initially liked the looks of the tube bumper by Rugged Ridge, but after reading the hatred toward that style on the JK, I've opted against it.
Wait, what? Why do people hate the RR tube bumpers?

Is it just an appearance thing or is there some other reason?

I thought they looked good, and was planning on buying both the front and rear for my JK...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

This is the bumper to get! Absolutely hands down... I just picked one up last weekend and I love it. The best thing about this is that it is modular. You can change the look any way you want.

Originally Posted by YingYang
I got the Rugged Ridge Bumper, it has tons of options. {snip}

Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Get the bumper that you like. What do we know anyway?

Personally I like the LoD mid width, but here are a to of bumpers sold by Northridge 4X4

http://northridge4x4.com/products.php?cat=14
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Grant09
Wait, what? Why do people hate the RR tube bumpers?

Is it just an appearance thing or is there some other reason?

I thought they looked good, and was planning on buying both the front and rear for my JK...
I think they mean the one that looks like the old 80's style tube bumper (2 horizonal tubes)
Kinda like leg warmers and popped collars, just don't look that good anymore
Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by myklt8
I think they mean the one that looks like the old 80's style tube bumper (2 horizonal tubes). Kinda like leg warmers and popped collars, just don't look that good anymore
My former pastor, who has owned Jeeps forever, has one (not sure what brand) and I think it looks fine. Not what I'd pick, but why should that matter? Here's his (LOL--He knew who to call when he ended up in a ditch during a record setting, white-out blizzard last Christmas Eve) ...

Quick Reply: Help a gal out - bumper suggestions?