Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Jeep pulling left.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Jeep pulling left.

I bought my 2013 jk unlimited rubicon a little over a year and a half ago. I lifted it with 23 miles on the odometer. Teraflex 2.5" lift/ fox shocks/ fixed extended front lower control arms/ adj. trac bars/ nitto trail grapplers. Soon or right after I lifted it I noticed it had a pull. I waited till about 10k miles to put on the adj track bars with still no change in pull. I will attach the print out of the alignment from today. The guy doing the alignment claims its aligned but still pulling. I rotate the tires ever 5k miles and that doesn't help. I've read about the radial pull with trail grapplers but find it hard to believe that they have this much pull. Had same tires in 35" on last jeep with no issues. The jeep could change lanes at 65mph in 2 sec.

Is it really the tires?
Stock steering stabilizer?

If you have any helpful input I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's the specs of today's alignment. .17 deg thrust angle?? Mechanic claimed it was in spec but off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1620936185.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	590871  
Old 01-06-2015, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sub'd
Having same issue after installing lift and new tires this weekend.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nautique210
I bought my 2013 jk unlimited rubicon a little over a year and a half ago. I lifted it with 23 miles on the odometer. Teraflex 2.5" lift/ fox shocks/ fixed extended front lower control arms/ adj. trac bars/ nitto trail grapplers. Soon or right after I lifted it I noticed it had a pull. I waited till about 10k miles to put on the adj track bars with still no change in pull. I will attach the print out of the alignment from today. The guy doing the alignment claims its aligned but still pulling. I rotate the tires ever 5k miles and that doesn't help. I've read about the radial pull with trail grapplers but find it hard to believe that they have this much pull. Had same tires in 35" on last jeep with no issues. The jeep could change lanes at 65mph in 2 sec.

Is it really the tires?
Stock steering stabilizer?

If you have any helpful input I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Do you have a Fox stabilizer on there?
Old 01-06-2015, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Do you have a Fox stabilizer on there?
No, I'm still running the factory one.

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nautique210
No, I'm still running the factory one.

Thanks.
Your alignment specs are perfect. Can you swap wheels and tires with someone for a short term test?
Old 01-06-2015, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Your alignment specs are perfect. Can you swap wheels and tires with someone for a short term test?
Ya that's a good idea. I'm going to try and find some. Not exactly sure who's I can borrow yet but I'd love to see if it's the trail grapplers or not. That's a shame if it's the tires, I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet but I'll be an unhappy camper if it is. At least the alignment looks good. Thanks for chiming in teraflex. Your lift is great. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming your running 35" trail grapplers. I've heard a lot of complaints about pull
With this tire. what psi are you running ?. I've also been told that there is a outside
And inside to the tire when mounting. There is a difference in the side lugs and that's
How you tell which side go's to the outside. I've seen it explained in a video to by
Mel with Off Road Evolution ...

Last edited by Rebar-7; 01-06-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
I'm assuming your running 35" trail grapplers. I've heard a lot of complaints about pull With this tire. what psi are you running ?. I've also been told that there is a outside And inside to the tire when mounting. There is a difference in the side lugs and that's How you tell which side go's to the outside. I've seen it explained in a video to by Mel with EVO......

I have the trail grapplers in 295 70 17 on this jeep. They measure out to around 33's. My last jeep I had them in 35's with no issues. Can you post the video link here. I'll do a search to see if I can find it. I'm running around 28 psi. I dropped the front left a tad to see if it would help till I found a solution. It hasn't helped.
Thanks.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Subscribed. Same thing I have going on. Lifted my 13 with the teraflex 2.5 spacers, shock extenders with about 200 miles on it. It was pulling to the left so I bought a new teraflex front track bar, but still pulls left. I have 35 x 12.50 x 18 trail grapplers. I rotate every 5000 miles, always pulls left. I have about 19k on it now. Stock steering stabilizer, that I even took off just to make sure. I'm thinking about buying the Rancho front control arm drop brackets, but not sure that will fix the left pull.

Crazy part is, I helped a buddy with the exact same lift on his jeep with the same tires about 6 months after I did mine and he says he has no pull at all.

Quick Reply: Help! Jeep pulling left.