Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Head Lights

Old 01-28-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have DDM's in the stock housing. The light is very impressive and I have them adjusted down. I'v never been "Brighted" by any oncoming traffic by pissed drivers.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VMmWNYpOKnM

Best. Headlights. Ever....
Old 01-28-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr
I have DDM's in the stock housing. The light is very impressive and I have them adjusted down. I'v never been "Brighted" by any oncoming traffic by pissed drivers.
Agreed, I never get flashed for mine either.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the failure in logic in threads like this. I'd bet you could shop lift and not get caught. Probably siphon gas from your neighbors car and steal from your employer - no one would know. You can drive drunk if you want! Hey, so long as you make it home ok, all is well. Laws are just a suggestion, right? They aren't there to keep people safe or prevent dumb people from justifying bad decisions. Or... Are they?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I love the failure in logic in threads like this. I'd bet you could shop lift and not get caught. Probably siphon gas from your neighbors car and steal from your employer - no one would know. You can drive drunk if you want! Hey, so long as you make it home ok, all is well. Laws are just a suggestion, right? They aren't there to keep people safe or prevent dumb people from justifying bad decisions. Or... Are they?
This^^^^

That pretty much sums up why I spent all the money I did on these projectors, I wanted better light but didn't want the problems I have had in the past with plug n play kits. I have been stopped while just driving down the road minding my own business not speeding or breaking any other laws (other than the hids) and got stopped for a safety inspection, the cop tried to write me a ticket for not having high beams and I proved to him I did have them but had he known the real law he could have written me a ticket
Old 01-29-2015, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
This is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard. In no way is having HID in stock housing tilted down any where related to felony theft. Do you go around making citizen arrest of people playing their music to loud in their cars and tell them "HEY! turn that down, it is over 100 decibels! you might as well rob that gas station if your going to keep playing that loud music!" Your logic is a failure.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Angry posts noted.

How much are the DDM's? And the website shows several add-on options. What is required?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yellowridr
This is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard. In no way is having HID in stock housing tilted down any where related to felony theft. Do you go around making citizen arrest of people playing their music to loud in their cars and tell them "HEY! turn that down, it is over 100 decibels! you might as well rob that gas station if your going to keep playing that loud music!" Your logic is a failure.
AGREED!!! Truck Lights and JW speaker are both a bright enough product to piss off anyone on the road if not adjusted properly. I had a buddy with the Trucklights, and they were sooo obnoxiously bright and blinding I would not drive in front of him at night.

Let me repeat,,,,, No such complaints from my DDM's

I'm happy there are some people who are willing to pay through the nose so they can say they are legal,, but I don't think I need to keep the piss poor lights that come with the jeep just because law makers and the DOT are overbearing.

Next thing you know they are going to pass a law that says you cant have sex with your,,,, oooh,, wait,,, nevermind!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by big dr
AGREED!!! Truck Lights and JW speaker are both a bright enough product to piss off anyone on the road if not adjusted properly. I had a buddy with the Trucklights, and they were sooo obnoxiously bright and blinding I would not drive in front of him at night.

Let me repeat,,,,, No such complaints from my DDM's

I'm happy there are some people who are willing to pay through the nose so they can say they are legal,, but I don't think I need to keep the piss poor lights that come with the jeep just because law makers and the DOT are overbearing.

Next thing you know they are going to pass a law that says you cant have sex with your,,,, oooh,, wait,,, nevermind!
HAHAHA! My wife and I both have DDM kits on our JKU and we love them. Never been flashed or anything. When she drives behind me they are not blinding at all. They are so much brighter too!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Morimoto Sealed 7s from The Retrofit Source

Quick Reply: HID Head Lights