Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible clunk diagnosis help :/

Old 09-02-2014, 03:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Id rather not, they get pretty mangled and would be hard to take out if lock tited and the heads were messed up.
with red yes, with blue not so much, blue will only keep them from vibrating loose, but will not make breaking them loose any harder then the rust that you get anyway
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
with red yes, with blue not so much, blue will only keep them from vibrating loose, but will not make breaking them loose any harder then the rust that you get anyway
I live in the desert. We get a little flash rust but it rarely freezes up bolts. I just added armor bolt inspection to my normal inspection/re-torque cycle. If I shear/grind/tear off a head, I dont want any resistance when I have to easy out that sucker but I get your point.

Quick Reply: Horrible clunk diagnosis help :/