Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you decide. RK or Metal Cloak

Old 11-27-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you decide. RK or Metal Cloak

So how do you decide. Making some phone calls to get a Black Friday deal tomorrow on the Rock Krawler 3.5 X-factor or the Metal Cloak 3.5 GameChanger ARB/OME.

Ive read alot on the suspensions and just exhausted to keep trying to figure it out. My Jeep is a daily drive and 35x12.50.15r. These are not cheap kits, at least money wise and would like to get the best bang for the buck.

How would you guys decide on one or the other.

* I would continue to research but like I said tomorrow is Black Friday and Id like to pull the trigger.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 305Jeep
So how do you decide. Making some phone calls to get a Black Friday deal tomorrow on the Rock Krawler 3.5 X-factor or the Metal Cloak 3.5 GameChanger ARB/OME. Ive read alot on the suspensions and just exhausted to keep trying to figure it out. My Jeep is a daily drive and 35x12.50.15r. These are not cheap kits, at least money wise and would like to get the best bang for the buck. How would you guys decide on one or the other. * I would continue to research but like I said tomorrow is Black Friday and Id like to pull the trigger.
I had the same internal struggle going for about 6 months with the same two kits. I finally just made a decision and ordered the MC kit.

Both are awesome kits - you're a winner either way!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

I might have control arms from an X factor kit available soon if that helps you. Lol
Old 11-27-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I might have control arms from an X factor kit available soon if that helps you. Lol
Whats wrong with your RK arms?

I have the RK 2.5 X Factor and love the way it flexes with 35s and flat fenders. But if you're going to be a mall crawler then there are cheaper kits out there. But either route you go RK or MC they are both good lift kits.

Mine with everything thats in the sig.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can't decide which kit to get, maybe you haven't looked close enough. Start looking at smaller stuff like what size and what make are all the joints ? What size and thickness are all the control arms ? What kind of hardware ? Cad plated ? Grade 8?, rubber or poly ?, what's the thickness of the hardware ? Is it powder coated ? If you can answer all these questions about both systems, I think you already know more then most.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the feedback fellas. It might just come down to price at this point, as Ive posted the question on a few forums and everything is positive on both set ups. Like some have said, both are well built and not a mall crawler set up so either way Im sure Ill be more than pleased. Just wanted to pose the question for feedback before unloading $2k +.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Not to make things more difficult but have you considered Synergy lifts? Everything they make is super beefy and extremely high quality. My friend has a full synergy kit with synergy tuned fox shocks and it flexes awesome yet rides great on road too. I ask only because lately it seems as if RK and MC are the only options considered.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running the MC 3.5 Game Changer w/OME shocks. Mine is not a mall crawler, it is wheeled hard most every weekend. I installed the lift myself and it was very straight forward and easy. The flex is great, onroad and off road manners are great. Overall I am very impressed. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with either lift.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I walked down this road last month. I chose the MC with BDS fox shocks. I wanted the smoother riding Jeep. I didn't want to rebuild joints. I have been vey impressed with the MC ride. Some of that is the shocks but some is the bushing design. In my opinion, that's the big difference. I didn't get the rear track bar and they gave me a credit I used on exhaust spacers and something else but I don't remember off hand.

Get what fits your needs. I drive mine to work every day and only off road a hand full of time each year.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I went over all of the lift kits I could find a while ago. I just pulled the trigger on an RK X-Factor 2.5" form Northridge 4x4.

The lift, plus Bilstein 5100 shocks and Teraflex bump stops is just less than $2K.

Quick Reply: How do you decide. RK or Metal Cloak