Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are Ridge Grappler in the road noise department?

Old 12-14-2016, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are Ridge Grappler in the road noise department?

I'm running Firestone Destination AT (255/75/17 - stock size) and my local Jeep gurus (V3 in Louisville, KY) said they're selling a ton of Ridge Grapplers and they are super pleased with them.

My Destination AT's are super quiet on road/highway. I'm looking to either go 35x12.50 or 285/75/17 and just curious if anyone has any video/audio of them rolling 70mph - Seems like they're too new for any videos to be on youtube or anything...

And I know guys in some other threads say "they're quiet" but compared to a mud tire, anything is quiet!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I have them and they are definitely the quietest mud tire I have ever had. I can try and make a video of them. They have a slight hum, but that's about it. I have heard many all terrains that are louder than these. I expect they will gain a little noise as they wear some, but probably not much.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

I just bought a set on black friday and I got the 285/75/17's I have a soft top and they are no noisier than my terra grapplers that I got 65k miles out of. Only have been off road once here in AZ but they performed very well on the sandy rocky terrain here. If you are concerned about rock climbing you should prob go with the 35/12.5 as they are an inch wider
Old 12-20-2016, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ny in md
I just bought a set on black friday and I got the 285/75/17's I have a soft top and they are no noisier than my terra grapplers that I got 65k miles out of. Only have been off road once here in AZ but they performed very well on the sandy rocky terrain here. If you are concerned about rock climbing you should prob go with the 35/12.5 as they are an inch wider
Good to know. I'm really just after the size. 35's not interesting to me right now. I want 285/75 on C rated - No rock crawling here. Just trails and overland kinda stuff.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are great tires. I run them on my F350 as they are a 10ply 35" tire which was specifically designed for the 1 ton truck crowd with 20" wheels to keep 80psi in the 35" height for towing. Super quiet, Great in the snow and rain so far. They are going on my daughters Sport this spring in a 37".
Old 12-25-2016, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Quietest tire I have had on my Jeeps (on my 8th Wrangler). I have run KM1, KM2, Trail Grapplers and GY MTR and the Ridge Grappler is by far the smoothest and quietest tire I have run. I guess that's because officially it isn't a mud terrain tire but it has done very well in deep mud, rocks, rain and light snow so far in my 3 months of owning. I should get a chance to run in deeper snow soon.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Quietest tire I have had on my Jeeps (on my 8th Wrangler). I have run KM1, KM2, Trail Grapplers and GY MTR and the Ridge Grappler is by far the smoothest and quietest tire I have run. I guess that's because officially it isn't a mud terrain tire but it has done very well in deep mud, rocks, rain and light snow so far in my 3 months of owning. I should get a chance to run in deeper snow soon.

Well, I'd expect them to be quieter than any of those aggressive mud tires! I'm running these Firestone Destination A/T and they're silent. Trying to find a comparison of the Ridge Grappler to an AT.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by decoy5657
Well, I'd expect them to be quieter than any of those aggressive mud tires! I'm running these FirestoneÂ*Destination A/T and they're silent. Trying to find a comparison of the Ridge Grappler to an AT.
They will be noisier than the Firestones, but definitely quiter than any mud terrain I have ever used. Probably more on par with a more agressive all terrain like the Duratracs.

Quick Reply: How are Ridge Grappler in the road noise department?