Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Old 03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

DO NOT BUY A USED HYPERTECH UNLESS YOU KNOW IT HAS BEEN RESET!
I bought one off of ebay for $200 and sure enough it isn't reset. I sent the guy an email a few minutes ago so let's see if he replies in a positive manner. If he doesn't, I plan to take it up with ebay and paypal since I basically got screwed out of $225.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepguy553
DO NOT BUY A USED HYPERTECH UNLESS YOU KNOW IT HAS BEEN RESET!
I bought one off of ebay for $200 and sure enough it isn't reset. I sent the guy an email a few minutes ago so let's see if he replies in a positive manner. If he doesn't, I plan to take it up with ebay and paypal since I basically got screwed out of $225.
Hope it turns out ok man, I bought same setup new and get 4 more miles per gallon and really can tell the power increase. I will say I also have a K&N cold air setup with stock exhaust with the 3.8 engine. Good luck its a good programmer when setup right.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Here is a scary eBay comment about used Hypertech programmers. I wish I had seen this before I bought the damn thing.
/reviews.ebay.com/Watch-Out-for-Used-Hypertech-Programmers_W0QQugidZ10000000003446692"]http://reviews.ebay.com/Watch-Out-for-Used-Hypertech-Programmers_W0QQugidZ10000000003446692[/URL]
I called Hypertech and the guy on the other end of the line was only too happy to tell me that it would cost me $200 to fix this. SCREW THAT!!! I will just make sure to tell all of my friends that they have crappy customer service and their products don't work like they should. As a matter of fact, I used to have this thing called an AutoPROM that I could use to tune chips for my old CJ7 ON THE FLY. I think I may look into what old Craig Moates on the .diy-efi.org[/url] site has been up to lately. If he has a chip/PCM programmer that can work on our engines, you can bet that I will be buying that in place of the Hypertech.

Last edited by mkjeep; 03-16-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: no ebay clicky
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is not Hypertech or Ebays fault you were taken. Some things you NEVER buy off EBay.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Never said it was their fault. I doubt Hypertech will be of much help here, but I bet ebay can help mediate with the seller to make this right. In the end, I should have researched it more I know. The fact of the matter is that if it smells like crap and looks like crap, it probably IS crap.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so why don't you go on ebay and rant and rave about it. this is not hypertechs problem. you got screwed plain and simple, it sucks yea, it happens, we all have.

you haven't even heard from the seller yet. he may not even know about this. you sure didn't know. so calm down, wait to hear from seller and just maybe he will accept it back, pending he still has the jeep, reset it and ship it back.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captjay
so why don't you go on ebay and rant and rave about it. this is not hypertechs problem. you got screwed plain and simple, it sucks yea, it happens, we all have.

you haven't even heard from the seller yet. he may not even know about this. you sure didn't know. so calm down, wait to hear from seller and just maybe he will accept it back, pending he still has the jeep, reset it and ship it back.
The programmer reads your vin # and will only program that vehicle so people and businesses can't buy one programmer and tune a bunch of others with same year and model. The seller can't reset it only Hypertec can.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Once he resets his vehicle to stock the vin slot is open in the hypertech programmer.

This is not, NOT, hypertexts fault. Why should they set the machine up for you for free? For all they know, your a damn liar and it's your buddys tuner and he already set his computer up.

You come off as a total clueless assclown in this thread.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Once he resets his vehicle to stock the vin slot is open in the hypertech programmer.

This is not, NOT, hypertexts fault. Why should they set the machine up for you for free? For all they know, your a damn liar and it's your buddys tuner and he already set his computer up.

You come off as a total clueless assclown in this thread.
assclown haven't heard that one in a while.
but you are correct, thanks for the backup
Old 03-16-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

well what happened? did you ever hear from the seller?

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Programmer