Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Mopar 2" liftkit problem

Old 10-04-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have Mopar 2" liftkit problem

Hello everyone,

I have a rubicon with mopar 2" liftkit with fox shocks that i installed recently.

I went to a mountainous trail for the first time with the jeep and one of the rear shock absorber upper pin broke and the other one was bend. I contacted fox and they replaced the pin.

Have any of you experienced this? Why would it happen?

It came to me that they might fitted longer coils or something.

So I went to the dealer to check if there is something wrong with the kit but they said that all components are fitted correctly and they compared the car to another jeep with the same kit and the height measurements are similar.

Can anyone please with a similar setup on a 2doors wrangler tell me what's the height of the car after the lift so i can see that i didn't get longer lift.

Your help is really appreciated because i am afraid now that i am gonna put in the same situation again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4106503850.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	462.1 KB
ID:	626283  
Old 10-04-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never seen that happen before
Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tarioqi
Hello everyone,

I have a rubicon with mopar 2" liftkit with fox shocks that i installed recently.

I went to a mountainous trail for the first time with the jeep and one of the rear shock absorber upper pin broke and the other one was bend. I contacted fox and they replaced the pin.

Have any of you experienced this? Why would it happen?

It came to me that they might fitted longer coils or something.

So I went to the dealer to check if there is something wrong with the kit but they said that all components are fitted correctly and they compared the car to another jeep with the same kit and the height measurements are similar.

Can anyone please with a similar setup on a 2doors wrangler tell me what's the height of the car after the lift so i can see that i didn't get longer lift.

Your help is really appreciated because i am afraid now that i am gonna put in the same situation again.
Make sure your bump stop are still in place
Old 10-04-2015, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The way it sits it looks like the damage was done on extension, are you sure the shocks are long enough? Maybe an extension will help.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would check pump stops as well, were you driving fast and bottoming out the suspension? Post up some photos of the bump stops and shocks with the jeep at rest and if you can post up some lengths of the shock shaft showing at rest and the distance between the bump stop and bump pad.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:00 AM
JK Junkie

Did they forget to tighten the bolts?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

What happened with this, OP? Did you get it sorted out? Thanks.

Quick Reply: I have Mopar 2" liftkit problem