Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im looking for good led replacements for reverse lights

Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im looking for good led replacements for reverse lights

so I am looking at options to get a decent amount of light for backing up in the dark, yes i have a tinted hard top, and yes it sucks with stock tail lights. according to google there are led plug and play replacement bulbs out there, anyone have experience with these? which ones are truely plug and play and worth the money?

if i can avoid mounting new light gear thats great, im looking to just take the covers off my tail lights and swap a bulb if at all possible.

2014 jku rubicon.

Last edited by Mountain Man Tim; 07-16-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Know you said you just wanted bulb replacement but why not just do it one and be done? Also if you ever go to corner armor you could mount these in the bumper with no problem.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...ht-kit-289430/
Old 07-16-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by red09
Know you said you just wanted bulb replacement but why not just do it one and be done? Also if you ever go to corner armor you could mount these in the bumper with no problem.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...ht-kit-289430/
mainly because i dont have a cutting tool, and i suck at wireing, and they cost alot. i was leaning more in the direction of Amazon.com: Aaron High Power White 80W 3157 XB-D Cree LED Light Bulbs Super Bright for Brake Backup Tail Reverse Turn Signal Lights: Automotive because all i have to do is open the lights and swap a bulb, as long as i can find out which ones work the best so i dont have to learn the hard way which ones short out fuses or burn out fast or dont fit at all.....
Old 07-16-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

shameless bump for science.....
Old 07-17-2014, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have any experience with these LED reverse bulbs!? I'm also curious.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThePeaches289
Does anyone have any experience with these LED reverse bulbs!? I'm also curious.
I have them and they make a difference. And they are cheap. I have people ask me all the time why my backup lights are so bright or what lights do I have etc.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I have them and they make a difference. And they are cheap. I have people ask me all the time why my backup lights are so bright or what lights do I have etc.
How long have you run them for?

Last edited by bvanfossen; 07-18-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old Post

I know you said you did not have wiring skills/cutting skills but here is an old post/mod that I did and I love it.

I did add a switch to turn on the lights manually also but that is not needed.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...ghting-214986/
Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
thanks, ordering a set before the days get short, once we get down to 4-6 hours of daylight max i tend to sleep through all of it and its nice to be able to see when i have to back up
Old 07-18-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ThePeaches289
I have these: 2X 3157 3156 White Cree Q5 12 5050 SMD LED Backup Light Bulbs Projector Lens | eBay
They are very bright and a monkey can install them. Do they make all the difference when backing up with a lifted rig? They help but not the be-all-end-all solution. Regardless, a cheap improvement worth the $25.

Quick Reply: im looking for good led replacements for reverse lights