Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insane Audio Headunit

Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't this just a few apps on top of the eBay Android head units? Looks the same specs wise. Oh and yeah those are under $300, including rear camera. Eg http://m.ebay.ca/itm/331303483814
Old 09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by munir
Isn't this just a few apps on top of the eBay Android head units? Looks the same specs wise. Oh and yeah those are under $300, including rear camera. Eg Android Double DIN CAR DVD Player Navigation Stereo Radio GPS Wifi 3G Camera | eBay
I asked to verify... and was messaged pretty harsh which made me nervous and completely reconsider my future purchase. I wish them luck otherwise.

And just to point out... there are subtle differences in the faceplate (button names etc). Very likely they just look similar but are not the same. We need more manufacturers doing stuff for our jeeps specifically so if this company is the real deal, then I hope they get a good foothold and lots of support.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by
Quite frankly -- it pisses us off when guys like you continue to post crap like this. We spent a small fortune on R&D and currently build the best product available for TJ's and now JK's. All of our hardware is rock solid and our software is legally licensed. There are a lot of companies overseas who use cheap components and pirated software and we don't appreciate it when folks out there insinuate that we're somehow similar. There is a reason why Insane Audio's product is the only product legally available to purchase in the states.
this part right here makes up my mind to not buy anything from them especially the part in bold. You asked a simple question and they came off very unprofessional with the answer.

Last edited by Baddkarmaracing; 09-02-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
this part right here makes up my mind to not buy anything from them especially the part in bold. You asked a simple question and they came off very unprofessional with the answer.
It was for me too however when someone is passionate about their products... a response like that could actually be a positive. If they are the real deal like I hope they are, then that is a good measure to show that a passionate CEO would do anything to make sure their product is well recieved and supported.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

to me there is a difference in passionate and just being an unprofessional asshole,and that response was the latter to me.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would suggest never buying the model A of anything. Especially an electronic component like this with a large price tag.

I tend to let others richer than I be the guinea pigs and then make a decision.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fredrok
I would suggest never buying the model A of anything. Especially an electronic component like this with a large price tag. I tend to let others richer than I be the guinea pigs and then make a decision.
That's what I was thinking myself. 1k for a radio is ridiculous.. Especially when the unit is from a no-name organization, and is effectively offering nothing more, less in some respects, than some of the best names out there. Effectively, the best thing this has going for it is the ?custom? Navigation. Everything else is just android, and already available to anyone with an android unit presently. Which then points to its major flaw, no sat radio. They say it's because they aren't fans of subscription services.. But I honestly think it's because they didn't want to pay for the right to include the service. Especially when you consider they are effectively saying you have to purchase your music elsewhere(still buying something people. Hint. Hint.), or steal it, to have music on the trail.

For me, it just raises more questions. Like how about how the owner(or one of them at least), is posting on their business page as if he was a common customer, which is kind of deceptive. And then their attitude when answering a simple question.. There was no need to be rude.

I just don't think they deserve my money.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:39 AM
wml
JK Newbie

wow....pretty harsh words when these folks are trying to provide a quality us based offering (including great customer service - try getting that off ebay). I bought a used unit from someone who wanted xm instead. This is a very nice unit for my jk...nav is great, and the company has provided great support, both through their forum, direct email and even ringing me to walk me through some issues. I can't say I'd get that from any large manufacturer. Give 'em a chance, I for one support them and so far really like this head unit.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wml
wow....pretty harsh words when these folks are trying to provide a quality us based offering (including great customer service - try getting that off ebay). I bought a used unit from someone who wanted xm instead. This is a very nice unit for my jk...nav is great, and the company has provided great support, both through their forum, direct email and even ringing me to walk me through some issues. I can't say I'd get that from any large manufacturer. Give 'em a chance, I for one support them and so far really like this head unit.
Have pics of it in your jeep? I'd like to see it somewhere other than their page and see how it looks
Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

I would like to see customer install photos as well. This is a unit I am considering but have a hard time justifying 1k. I like the offering from pioneer, kenwood and alpine but don't like the dash kit needed to make it work.

Quick Reply: Insane Audio Headunit