Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Rough Country 2.5" Sway Disconnect kit...HELP!!!!!

Old 10-25-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Rough Country 2.5" Sway Disconnect kit...HELP!!!!!

I am super frustrated with this RC product thus far. An hour install time MAX, is turning into way longer. I purchased the Sway bar quick disconnect end links for a 2.5" lift.

1st problem: I talked to RC regarding the diameter of the actual quick disconnect bolt being slightly larger than the stock bolt, resulting in me having to actually hollow out my frame bracket hole to accommodate (which I think is BS that I had to do this). I mean, the kit is for a JK...I have a 2012 JKU. Why am I having to do this if this is a bolt on kit? Crazy.

2nd problem: I read in the instructions that I am to make the end links 10" from end to end. I screwed the end link pieces together as far as they go and they still measure 10.25". So yeah, not sure how to make the quarter inch disappear?

3rd problem: So to bolt these on to the Jeep, I notice that my sway bar has to be tilted extremely high, practically up by the coil. Does that seem right? The length from the stock end link to the RC end links are quite different, so to accommodate that the sway bar has to be swiveled as high as it can go.

Please, if anyone can assist me so I can get these bolted on, I would appreciate it. Here are some pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	581516Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0570.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	581517Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0571.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	581518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0573.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	581519
Old 10-25-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by cdown16
I am super frustrated with this RC product thus far. An hour install time MAX, is turning into way longer. I purchased the Sway bar quick disconnect end links for a 2.5" lift.

1st problem: I talked to RC regarding the diameter of the actual quick disconnect bolt being slightly larger than the stock bolt, resulting in me having to actually hollow out my frame bracket hole to accommodate (which I think is BS that I had to do this). I mean, the kit is for a JK...I have a 2012 JKU. Why am I having to do this if this is a bolt on kit? Crazy.

2nd problem: I read in the instructions that I am to make the end links 10" from end to end. I screwed the end link pieces together as far as they go and they still measure 10.25". So yeah, not sure how to make the quarter inch disappear?

3rd problem: So to bolt these on to the Jeep, I notice that my sway bar has to be tilted extremely high, practically up by the coil. Does that seem right? The length from the stock end link to the RC end links are quite different, so to accommodate that the sway bar has to be swiveled as high as it can go.

Please, if anyone can assist me so I can get these bolted on, I would appreciate it. Here are some pics.

Attachment 581516Attachment 581517Attachment 581518Attachment 581519
looks like in the first photo you have AEV swaybar link extension brackets which would make your 2.5" RC swaybar links =to 4.5" so remove those and you will probably be good. not sure if you are measuring correctly on the link but measure center of stud to center of hole not over all length.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Totally is an AEV bracket. Thanks so much!!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by cdown16
Totally is an AEV bracket. Thanks so much!!
go give a dollar to a homeless person.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
go give a dollar to a homeless person.
Legitimately "loled" when I read this
Old 10-26-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

I wouldn't get too caught up with the 10" measurement. The sway bar should sit slightly above level when connected. So 10.25" should not be a problem.

Quick Reply: Installing Rough Country 2.5" Sway Disconnect kit...HELP!!!!!