Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep trans wont engage... Help

Old 10-25-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep trans wont engage... Help

So last night I started having what appeared to be some trans issues. Rough shifting and high revs to get the trans to engage into gear. I was on my way home and Im not sure what happened but it appeared the Jeep went outta gear or something and it was just revving and not going anywhere. I had it towed to my house and it currently sits in the driveway. When i put it in reverse it slowly crawls backwards but when its in drive nothing, i press the gas while in drive and it just revs up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Its a 2009 JK Unlimited with an auto trans. Thanks
Old 10-25-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hate to be have bad news but your trans is prob
Toast. But did you check fluid ? If it smells burnt trans is done
Old 10-25-2014, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Very similar story with my '12 auto tranny(I realize its a different model). Happened with only 2k on the odo,,, but it ended up being the planetary gear grenaded. Might be your problem.

Quick Reply: Jeep trans wont engage... Help