Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep wander!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any difference on good roads? Yeah a steering stabilizer helps with bump steer but I ran with out one for years and didn't have an issue, and that stock one is more than enough for 33's
Old 07-20-2016, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Any difference on good roads? Yeah a steering stabilizer helps with bump steer but I ran with out one for years and didn't have an issue, and that stock one is more than enough for 33's
This is what I'm curious about, Jeek. A wider tire, particularly an MT or the like, will add to the darting left and right. There's much more tread contacting the road with a 12.50 wide tire, therefore grabbing any imperfections in the road and sending you in that direction. Sure, if your stabilizer is leaking and in need of a replacement, go for it, just don't expect it to be the end all.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elias4wd
This is what I'm curious about, Jeek. A wider tire, particularly an MT or the like, will add to the darting left and right. There's much more tread contacting the road with a 12.50 wide tire, therefore grabbing any imperfections in the road and sending you in that direction. Sure, if your stabilizer is leaking and in need of a replacement, go for it, just don't expect it to be the end all.
I'm running a nitto mud grappler 35x12.50 and 2.5 inch lift and roads in la aren't the best. I get some bump steer when I hit like a huge bump in the road but that's about it. So I can't think of anything else other that something is loose down there or maybe a tire balancing or air issue

Quick Reply: Jeep wander!