Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Lift: AEV 2.5 and Correction Brackets, 35x11.5

Old 04-23-2024, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Lift: AEV 2.5 and Correction Brackets, 35x11.5

My son just bought a 2015 JK Rubicon Hardrock M6. He wants to run the AEV 2.5 and 35x11.5R17 on Stock Rims. Adding to the suspension, he'd wants to do geometry correction brackets. Rounding out with a new Fox Steering stabalzer.

Should he just buy the AEV correction brackets or another brand?

We'll put in the metal cloak bump stops bumpers and adjust overall bumpstop height as needed (if needed).

Anything we should look out for with this setup? Current setup is 100% stock suspension with 126k miles.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

In all honesty, the Fox stabilizer is not needed. For that particular component, the wimpiest little thing like the factory unit is perfectly fine. People tend to want to cover up any little feedback in the steering system and try to "tighten" things up. Me personally, when there is an issue, I want to know ASAP. If there is feedback in the steering system, there is an issue to address. Just food for thought.

When it comes to correction brackets, they all do the same thing. Some of the cheaper options will only have 1 relocation hole to use, but most of them will have 3 mounting positions. If you spend a little more for something like the Rancho model, the 1-piece design is nice and less cumbersome to install. Geometry brackets will always be an item that has good resale value to. keep that in mind.

With 35s on factory wheels you are going to need to run wheel adapters. Just FYI if you didn't already know. The 6.25" BS on a factory wheel won't be enough.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the insight.
My personal Jeep is a 2006 Rubicon LJ and didn't study the JK stuff much until now.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beowulf
My son just bought a 2015 JK Rubicon Hardrock M6. He wants to run the AEV 2.5 and 35x11.5R17 on Stock Rims. Adding to the suspension, he'd wants to do geometry correction brackets. Rounding out with a new Fox Steering stabalzer.

Should he just buy the AEV correction brackets or another brand?

We'll put in the metal cloak bump stops bumpers and adjust overall bumpstop height as needed (if needed).

Anything we should look out for with this setup? Current setup is 100% stock suspension with 126k miles.
I recently installed the AEV 2.5" lift with the AEV Correction Brackets on my 2016. I also installed the BFG 285/70-17 All Terrains on my stock wheels. Also installed the Spider Trax 1.5" wheel spacers at the same time as the lift. Honestly the Jeep rides and handles better than stock. Probably the worst part of the lift install was replacing the front shocks, especially the passenger side. The correction brackets weren't hard to install, as they bolt together before installing them. Completely happy with this lift/tire combo, and see no reason that 35's wouldn't work just as well, except for the gearing. I have noticed a difference pulling grades with my 33's, so the 35's are definitely going to have an impact.

Last edited by Rich1961; 04-25-2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Keep the 4.10 gears and use the middle lever on hills.

Quick Reply: JK Lift: AEV 2.5 and Correction Brackets, 35x11.5