Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jk with limited slip diff and brake lock diff is it enough

Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pulling the trigger for the Tru-Trac on the rear for my D60. The way I see it, if there's a failure on either the ARB/compressor or the Eaton that's stuck closed in the rear axle and you really need it working properly on or off the trail, it's going to suck bawls.

If the failure happens at the front axle with an ARB or Eaton, it's easier to deal with. Compressor fails, no problem to run the front ARB open. E-locker gets stuck closed, if you really have to you can pull the carrier then unbolt the ring gear, re-install and run the front diff completely open (no 4WD) or pry the stuck plate so the E-locker is open again (ideal route).

But it's going to suck if you have to run your rear diff open after a failure and you're offroad. At least with a limited-slip as a fail-safe you still have some leverage.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by DJ1; 03-23-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: jk with limited slip diff and brake lock diff is it enough