Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jk stock mounted fog/driveing lights

Old 01-25-2017, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jk stock mounted fog/driveing lights

Looking for input on oem stile fog lights. I want to add some to my new bumper and am trying to decide between stock and LED's. I want plenty of light but don't want to blind people. I'm running trucklights already so something to compliment those is my target.

I was looking at some oem lights or some $40 led's from amazon or eBay.

Any suggestions? Do's / don'ts?

Northridge 4x4
Old 01-26-2017, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Quadratec branded LED fogs come with plug-n-play adapters. I tried low cost Amazon and had good luck. I never drive in fog though and decided to do some stealth lighting by putting a couple BDs in my fog light locations and have them relayed off my brights. Sure makes those lonely two lane highways at night bright! I run JW 8700 headlights.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...ving-combo.asp
Old 01-27-2017, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently installed a set of KC Hilites Gravity Fogs. They mounted up with no modifications, and they come with plug/play wiring.

They are really bright, but have a nice cut off so you don't blind traffic. They also have adjustment screws on the back, but they were good to go from the factory. 23 year warranty too. They were a bit more than you're looking at price wise, but I've heard too many bad stories about the cheap ebay LED headlights and didn't want to take that chance.

Quick Reply: Jk stock mounted fog/driveing lights