Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Help!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Help!!!

Anyone who can help me out would be great! I purchased a 4" ProComp Comfort Lift along with 35's. It has been installed now for about 1-1/2 and I have to say that it is the worst riding suspension. I know, I bought a Jeep and I know it wont be the best ride but this is pretty bad.

I was thinking of starting off changing my shocks because currently I have the cheap $30 shocks from ProComp. Which shocks would you recommend (1) Bilstein 5100 (2) Rancho RS9000XL (3) Old Man Emu?

After changing my shock I will evaluate how the shocks affect the ride. If it makes a difference great; If it doesnt then I was told that I might have deffective Coils! I know everthing is possible but how would Coil springs become deffective? And is there any other way for me to know if they are?
Old 03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wrangler22
Anyone who can help me out would be great! I purchased a 4" ProComp Comfort Lift along with 35's. It has been installed now for about 1-1/2 and I have to say that it is the worst riding suspension. I know, I bought a Jeep and I know it wont be the best ride but this is pretty bad.
I was thinking of starting off changing my shocks because currently I have the cheap $30 shocks from ProComp. Which shocks would you recommend (1) Bilstein 5100 (2) Rancho RS9000XL (3) Old Man Emu?

After changing my shock I will evaluate how the shocks affect the ride. If it makes a difference great; If it doesnt then I was told that I might have deffective Coils! I know everthing is possible but how would Coil springs become deffective? And is there any other way for me to know if they are?
I'm running fox 2.0 love em, I've ran bilstien for YEARS so I'm not biased or brand whore but fox does a good job at giving it a really good ride.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Dude, I'm in BR, I have Bilsteins on mine with a 4" lift and 35's. You're more than welcome to come see how it handles before spending any money. I'll be in Lafayette next Friday and Saturday doing a benefit too.

I've also probably installed more lifts than I care to remember. My middle fingernail on my right hand is still healing from the last one I did a few weeks ago.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dhpinned
I'm running fox 2.0 love em, I've ran bilstien for YEARS so I'm not biased or brand whore but fox does a good job at giving it a really good ride.
I was looking at the Fox 2.0 but someone recommended that since Im not wheeling it I will be wasting my time and money.....
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RyanW
Dude, I'm in BR, I have Bilsteins on mine with a 4" lift and 35's. You're more than welcome to come see how it handles before spending any money. I'll be in Lafayette next Friday and Saturday doing a benefit too.

I've also probably installed more lifts than I care to remember. My middle fingernail on my right hand is still healing from the last one I did a few weeks ago.
Ryan I would like to take you up on that! We could meet somewhere once your done with the benefit or before. Please let me know.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

For all it's worth I just put a TF 2.5 coil on my 2013 w/Fox 2.0 res. I have the same lift on my 2010 w/Bilstien 5100's. Out of the two the 2013 kills the 2010 in ride quality, I know it helps the interior is so much better in the 13, but it's a pretty distinct difference.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran Bilstein 5100's for awhile, liked them a lot. Great ride and all around performance. Now running Fox 2.0 Remote res and they too are an awesome shock that work great especially off road.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wrangler22
Ryan I would like to take you up on that! We could meet somewhere once your done with the benefit or before. Please let me know.
Just shoot me a PM with your info, and remind me on friday!!! My memory is hit or miss lol. I think there's a meet in Lafayette friday night too, but I'm not 100% on it.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DualJK2013
For all it's worth I just put a TF 2.5 coil on my 2013 w/Fox 2.0 res. I have the same lift on my 2010 w/Bilstien 5100's. Out of the two the 2013 kills the 2010 in ride quality, I know it helps the interior is so much better in the 13, but it's a pretty distinct difference.
Is it actually worth the extra money for the res?
Old 03-09-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You got one of the lower end lifts out there, that being said, better shocks will help. Not sure what parts your lift came with, but are you running new lower control arms up front or at least drop brackets? Quality parts = nice riding suspension.

Quick Reply: Suspension Help!!!