Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKU TF 2.5 Coil Lift on a JKR

Old 01-06-2015, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU TF 2.5 Coil Lift on a JKR

I am thinking about returning my 2008 4 door X to stock and selling it so that I can turn my 2013 2 door Rubicon into my trail rig. I will be running aftermarket bumpers on front and rear with 35s. Has anyone tried putting the 2.5 TeraFlex 4 door coil lift on a 2 door JK?

If so:

1) How much stiffer is the ride?
2) Any issues with the drive shaft angle?
3) Is it safe to assume that I can use the same shocks (Bilstein 5100 for a 2.5 lift) on the 2 door?
4) Any other issues to consider?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXBeachJK
I am thinking about returning my 2008 4 door X to stock and selling it so that I can turn my 2013 2 door Rubicon into my trail rig. I will be running aftermarket bumpers on front and rear with 35s. Has anyone tried putting the 2.5 TeraFlex 4 door coil lift on a 2 door JK?

If so:

1) How much stiffer is the ride?
2) Any issues with the drive shaft angle?
3) Is it safe to assume that I can use the same shocks (Bilstein 5100 for a 2.5 lift) on the 2 door?
4) Any other issues to consider?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Ive been running those springs on my 2dr for 4 years on 2 different jeeps with no issue. Sorry but cant compare it to the 2dr springs never run them. I am running pretty heavy which is why I got the 4dr coils. Netted 3 inches in front and 2 in the rear so right at 2.5 inches total lift. I have since removed my body lift, added RK rear correction wedges and a 1/2 inch front spacer to level it out running 37s with flats and 3" bumpstops all around. This setup works very well
Old 01-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do that, but beware that you could gain an extra 1/2" of lift using a 4DR kit in a 2DR. Both the 2DR and 4DR 2.5" coils have the same rate to them.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Quick Reply: JKU TF 2.5 Coil Lift on a JKR