Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a little extra lift?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a little extra lift?

After a weekend of wheeling at jeep jamboree I am looking for a little more lift. I have a skyjacker 3 1/2" suspension lift and was wondering can I add another 3/4 to 1" of lift via spacers? What would my concerns be? After airing down I felt I lost a decent amount of clearance. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Adding more lift could cause your caster to be off depending on the other components you have installed. adjustable control arms would help you regain caster after changing the lift height if you don't already have them.

RK
Old 07-24-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nytruckee
After a weekend of wheeling at jeep jamboree I am looking for a little more lift. I have a skyjacker 3 1/2" suspension lift and was wondering can I add another 3/4 to 1" of lift via spacers? What would my concerns be? After airing down I felt I lost a decent amount of clearance. Any input would be appreciated.
1inch body lift
Old 07-24-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Bigger tires unless you are all ready running monster tires
Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
Bigger tires ...
^^ This is really the only thing that will regain the axle case ground clearance you lost by airing down.

A body lift or suspension lift won't have any effect on minimum ground clearance, although they could help with bumper, rocker or chassis ground clearance.

Last edited by jac04; 07-24-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreatWhite JK
1inch body lift
Gotta agree here. I used to hate the thought of a body lift, until I put one on my rig. Love it. Install is time consuming, but not difficult. Can barely tell that it is installed. I bought the Daystar 1" and wouldn't take it off for anything. Gives a little height at no cost to driveline, steering, etc.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rozzman10
Gotta agree here. I used to hate the thought of a body lift, until I put one on my rig. Love it. Install is time consuming, but not difficult. Can barely tell that it is installed. I bought the Daystar 1" and wouldn't take it off for anything. Gives a little height at no cost to driveline, steering, etc.

a body lift doesn't move anything out of the way clearance wise, unless your sliders are mounted to your pinch seam....so yea
Old 07-24-2014, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by lkjk
a body lift doesn't move anything out of the way clearance wise, unless your sliders are mounted to your pinch seam....so yea
agreed, you wont raise much to help from dragging.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

ooooo hahaha i see what your saying now, yea a body wouldn't be any help. Bigger tires is about all you can did if u don't want taller springs .

Last edited by GreatWhite JK; 07-24-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Adding more lift could cause your caster to be off depending on the other components you have installed. adjustable control arms would help you regain caster after changing the lift height if you don't already have them. RK
Thank you, so if I do spacers I definitely should get adjustable control arms? That is an option being I won't have to replace entire lift. Drop pitman arm? I wish I did this right from the start but never thought ahead.

Quick Reply: Just a little extra lift?