Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just pulled the trigger on a BB and wheel spacers...

Old 01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just pulled the trigger on a BB and wheel spacers...

Hey still a noob but I just went from stock to modified bought a RC 2.5 budget boost kit shock adaptor and spidertrax 1.5 spacers for 2012 COD unlimited... Anyone else running this set up on a jeep unlimited 4dr... And have pictures? I will post pictures after and give my thoughts after... Really kinda excited... To just empty every pocket... Lol
Old 01-15-2015, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Why the 1.5 spacers? I assume to take the factory rake out. Do you have extra weight up front? Only asking because the is the exact setup I'm looking to put on mine. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Last edited by trouty33; 01-15-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by trouty33
Why the 1.5 spacers? I assume to take the factory take out. Do you have extra weight up front? Only asking because the is the exact setup I'm looking to put on mine. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
'Coil' spacers come with the lift, the spidertrax are 'wheel' spacers, to move the tires out further...

And have pictures?
There is a huge thread of 2.5" lift pics down in JK Show & Tell. The lift mfg doesn't matter...
Old 01-15-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
'Coil' spacers come with the lift, the spidertrax are 'wheel' spacers, to move the tires out further... There is a huge thread of 2.5" lift pics down in JK Show & Tell. The lift mfg doesn't matter...
Okay now I'm following you sorry I'm so intent on trying to figure out the best way to do my leveling along with the 2 1/2 inch lift and still have minimal amount of other modifications needed. So far I'm leaning towards the TeraFlex 2.5 budget boost and then just add another puck to help level.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Stacking spacers may not be the best plan (depending on how much extra lift you need, I guess), and adding more height up front means progressively lower caster, axle offset, driveshaft angles, steering angles, etc, etc. Gotta consider all of it.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Teraflex bb levels out the jeep. The rear puck is smaller than the front. You don't need to stack with a Teraflex lift, unless you want an unlevel look, or you put a bunch of weight on the front and you get some sagging. In which case it'd be better to get stiffer springs
Old 01-16-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
The Teraflex bb levels out the jeep. The rear puck is smaller than the front. You don't need to stack with a Teraflex lift, unless you want an unlevel look, or you put a bunch of weight on the front and you get some sagging. In which case it'd be better to get stiffer springs
Outstanding!!! I didn't think stacking was my best option but i got conflicting info that the 2.5 BB would not level me out. That's all I am looking for is enough to add 35's AND be level. I was planning on calling Teraflex today to get it strait from them that it would do what I wanted. It's supposed to be a simple issue but sometimes I read too much and get bad info. I just try o do all the homework I can before spending money. Thanks
Old 01-16-2015, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Ok so I called teraflex and the 2.5" BB is 2.5 in front and 2" in rear so he said it would level me out unless I add bumper and winch. Then I would have my factory rake back.... :( may change my choice in bumpers to help with that.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, for me, it was actually like 3" in front, 1.75"-2" in the back. But....I have a 2.5" coil/shock Teraflex lift.

I had the 2.5" Teraflex bb on a previous jk 2 door. And it definitely leveled it out. You'll be good.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
Yeah, for me, it was actually like 3" in front, 1.75"-2" in the back. But....I have a 2.5" coil/shock Teraflex lift. I had the 2.5" Teraflex bb on a previous jk 2 door. And it definitely leveled it out. You'll be good.
Thanks! That's all I want is 35's and level. I don't need huge flex and stuff. Just a little more clearance. My only doubt now is how much I would sag with a new bumper and winch... I don't know if I really wanna get back to unleveled again or of the winch is worth the rake.

Quick Reply: Just pulled the trigger on a BB and wheel spacers...