Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katzkin airbag question

Old 02-09-2017, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by JKwebb
Will do. I have an anvil colored JKU so I already know what the final product will look like. Think 10th anniversary Rubicon. I loved that anvil/red combo.

I figured out how to get the leather over the seat raiser lever. I tried to poke a small hole to just allow the bolt to go through but that didn't really work. The lever wasn't really catching it engaging with the mechanism. And the leather was bunching. I had to carefully trim the leather to go around the mechanism. I did a little at a time as to not make the hole to larger. I used the old seat covers as a guide but started even smaller than that hole and slowly made is larger until I could stretch it around. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures at the time. I'll take some when I do the passenger seat. Here is some pics of the trimmings.
Now that I see your pictures, that makes sense and has to be what I did. It's not noticeable because you can still tuck it up and under that mechanism. Pictures look great so far!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love mine. Opted for them instead of factory leather... really wish I would have done heaters!!!

Sent using smoke signals
Old 02-10-2017, 06:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
Love mine. Opted for them instead of factory leather... really wish I would have done heaters!!!

Sent using smoke signals
Seat heaters make ALL the difference in the world! My top is off most of the time. Although it's not a DD anymore, I will still drive it topless down to the high 30's in the mornings as long as the day time temps are still nice. Being able to keep that core body warm in addition to the heater blowing hot air on you makes it tolerable. I'd say the seat heaters were easily one of the best mods I've done.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Even though I live in the northeast I didn't do the seat heaters. I might regret it, I might not. We'll see. I'm happy so far.

I like to have the top off as much as possible. What do you guys use to condition and I've protect? My katzkins are a leather/vinyl combination. Leather where you sit and vinyl on the headrests and back of the seats. I assume I would need different product for each material. UV protection is a big concern.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Another installed pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2648399467.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	666786  
Old 02-21-2017, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

The seats look good! I'm in Texas and you wouldn't think that we'd use seat heaters much down here; however, they really help extend the topless season. You can stand morning temps down in the low 40's with those heaters keeping your core warm.....and that makes for nice 65+ afternoons!

In regards to the product, I'm a fan of Meguiar's stuff. I use their spray leather conditioner on my seats. They do have a leather/vinyl "cleaner", but I'm not sure if that would help protect the vinyl portion from UV or not.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...akZKCkWQoOw.97
Old 02-26-2017, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks again for all the help. Made the job much easier. Here's one final installed pic. Looking forward to warm weather so I can get a to down pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3973384499.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	549.8 KB
ID:	667334  
Old 02-27-2017, 10:01 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Those look great! You'll enjoy them for years to come.

Quick Reply: Katzkin airbag question