Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

let's talk softest riding shock. ..

Old 07-23-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i've had the bilstein 5100s on my 2.5 rock krawler lift for over a year.. definitely stiff. my jeep is very light though. seems to me if youre jeep is heavy, the 5100s will work perfect (a buddy has an older lifted suburban on 5100s and loves them). but if you arent loaded down with aftermarket bumpers and stuff, itll be a stiff ride. i definitely feel every pot hole and crack in the road.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Ok guys,

Obviously this is very biased and will vary alot, but what is the consensus on softest without the boat feel.

1. OME
2. Fox IFP
3. Bilstein 5100

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
BTW, is the Jeep lifted or not? The 5100 does not come in a length for stock-height suspensions.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the fox 2.0 Ifp. They are stiff and rebound rather quickly. They ride awesome but I feel could be a little softer. They can be revalved, so I may do that when they come to the point of needing to be rebuilt.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 4" lift so the Bilsteins would be fine. However, I have just a Brawler lite front bumper no winch and a JCR rear dagger and 35" spare. No armor or anything else heavy.

So I'm assuming I classify as being lite so the Bilsteins make me a little weary.

As mentioned, the EMU's might be a good fit .

Anyone ever try the Poly Performance shocks?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

I've been through numerous shocks - and coils. One thing I confirmed is that matching a coil with a shock makes a big difference. I've had OME, Bilstein, etc. I've spent a good amount of time in an AEV lifted Jeep. Of all the combos I've owned or ridden in, the best was MC could and OME shocks. I have MC coils and 6Pak shocks and it rides significantly firmer than with the OME. The MC + OME is legit.

Same theory for the EVO plush ride. They're designed for the custom valved king shocks that no one buys with them.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I've been through numerous shocks - and coils. One thing I confirmed is that matching a coil with a shock makes a big difference. I've had OME, Bilstein, etc. I've spent a good amount of time in an AEV lifted Jeep. Of all the combos I've owned or ridden in, the best was MC could and OME shocks. I have MC coils and 6Pak shocks and it rides significantly firmer than with the OME. The MC + OME is legit.

Same theory for the EVO plush ride. They're designed for the custom valved king shocks that no one buys with them.
That's just the info I was looking for....thanks man

I'm assuming the OME 60066L style?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

That's just the info I was looking for....thanks man I'm assuming the OME 60066L style? Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
I had the OME nitro charger sport shocks that Northridge sells. My Dad runs the MC game changer ARB edition. I believe they are the same shocks?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 4" lift so the Bilsteins would be fine. However, I have just a Brawler lite front bumper no winch and a JCR rear dagger and 35" spare. No armor or anything else heavy.

So I'm assuming I classify as being lite so the Bilsteins make me a little weary.

As mentioned, the EMU's might be a good fit .

Anyone ever try the Poly Performance shocks?

I think the best call you can make when the springs and shocks didn't come matched in a lift kit is to get adjustable shocks. Less drama, more satisfaction.

Quick Reply: let's talk softest riding shock. ..